Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need Advice/help Asap

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 06:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice/help Asap

ok today i changed the clutch master cylinder. i also did the drill mod and it went perfect. it was time to bleed. first the pedal stayed down. i opened the bleeder and oil was dripping out and prob some air for a good 10 mintues . i closed it. pump pedal open bleeder oil came out repeated this about 50004904397543090439579430 times. theres pressure from the master to the line on the tranny, with the line disconnected ide pump the pedal weich was completely dead no force at all push down pull up . ide press in the valve on the end of the line and oil would shoot out. ok but still no pedal. plugged the line back in and now i have absolutely no force going to the pedal but theres pressure coming out of the line. i used a new gm master too.

bout to commite suicide and theres no way in hell i wanna take that back out. you couldnt pay me any amount of money to do that job again.

but wtf is wrong im going crazy why dont i have any clutch pedal, but theres pressure in the line beofre the slave. and another thing say your looking at the bleeder on the trannyit moves up and down like i can rotate the slave and reasons? and the same for the open end for the slave.??
Old 09-22-2007, 06:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Your post confuses me. What you need to do is hook the braided line up to the slave and bleed the **** out of it, it eventually will build pressure. When you bleed you dont leave the bleeder open for long at all either, just hold the pedal down, crack the bleeder open for about 3 seconds, close the bleeder, then release the pedal, pump it a few times, then repeat the process.
Old 09-22-2007, 07:01 PM
Launching!

i did that for about 2 hours and everyhting is sealed but still no pedal?? andthat means the master is good when theres pressure coming from the line?
Old 09-22-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

have you checked for fluid leaking anywhere? If the slave was blown it would leak and you would see it.
Old 09-22-2007, 11:50 PM
Launching!

well the slave is bad but it still held pressure fine. only after i replaced the master it didnt hold pressure? u thihnk the new master had more pressure and blew it completely? other than that its not leakin from ne where. the pedal just sits down or pops up i pump by hand and bleed at the same time bc i cut the hole and it built no pressure for like an hour of bleeding
Old 09-23-2007, 01:27 AM
Banned

Is there one good clutch bleeding story out there?
Besides mine.
I had all new from GM, pre-bled master, but I did the drill mod so I had to break the seal on the line and let air in. So I did the drill mod. Put the line back on the master, Pushed an awl in the end of the line that plugs into the slave and pumped the pedal rod. Like bench bleeding. Got everything in the car. Pulled the cap off the reservoir, opened the bleeder, let fluid run out til it was about 3/8 down in the reservoir, closed the bleeder, topped off fluid, put the cap on and been driving it for about 9,000 miles now.
Old 09-23-2007, 04:04 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS SIKZ
well the slave is bad but it still held pressure fine. only after i replaced the master it didnt hold pressure? u thihnk the new master had more pressure and blew it completely? other than that its not leakin from ne where. the pedal just sits down or pops up i pump by hand and bleed at the same time bc i cut the hole and it built no pressure for like an hour of bleeding
If the slave is bad then replace it and then come back and bleed it.
Old 09-23-2007, 08:42 AM
Launching!

i attached the new slave directly to the line and still nothing. i just had some on e in the car with the line off hed pump and id push the seal in and fluid would shoot out. but it still has no pressure u think its defective?
Old 09-23-2007, 11:16 AM
Launching!

i put the old master back in with the new line and and its the same. should i try old line new master now or wtf im going crazy bc i have no pedal what so ever and if i change the master again i will have no skin left on my arms?? how would u bleed the air ofut of the new master when u break the seal because i wanna make sure im doin it rite
?
Old 09-23-2007, 01:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Are you saying you hooked up a new slave to the master without having the slave installed? If so thats probably why you have no pressure.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:55 PM
Launching!

well finnaly did it after swapping the old one back in with the new line and dril mod. the new gm master and theres a hole in the fcken plunger. it was buildin some pressure until i looked inside my car to see the rubber shot off and now my inter\ior smells liek brake fluid