Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

slave maybe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slave maybe?

Ever since my new clutch install, sometimes, my pedal will have a lot of free play in it. I replaced the slave at the same time. You can just "tap" the top of the pedal a few times and it will come back up. The car is an 01, has and adjustable master and new slave. When this happens, the trans acts like it doesnt want to go in any gear. Whats the problem here? Does this sound like the slave here? This is frustrating cause all the hydraulics are new. Anyone?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Bleed it alot more and see if it changes anything.
Old 10-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by aaronbetzner
Bleed it alot more and see if it changes anything.
x2 bleed it see if that changes it, if its the actual pedal there are adj to it that it might not actually be pushing the master all the way open. deff bleed it 1st. try pumping the clutch then put it in gear if that goes in its a hyrdolic problem and u should bleed the clutch. FYI the master and slave go at the same time so i would suggest doing both of them a high performace pressure plate puts a lotta stress on the cylinders and all the lines and is a good idea to go to braided slave cylinder line and new master. tell us if it helps.