Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

clutch pedal just went to the floor

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch pedal just went to the floor

ok i have a 95 trans am with a 6spd

i put a new master and slave in it a couple of days ago becouse the slave had a slow leak...

everywhere i read said there was a bleed screw but i found no such screw and the directions that came with it said nothing about a bleed screw... it said to basically bench bleed the whole system off the car befor you put it in... well i did and it still felt soft like it did befor... but it worked

and then just a couple of minutes ago i was goin down the highway and went to switch gears and the clutch just dropped straight to the floor when i pushed it... i started pushing it and it slowly pumped back up but not as far as it had been.. then when i got home i sat there and pumped it and it did it again...

i ahve checked the fluid ... it has plenty...

i dunno whats goin on or what to do...

help

thanks
Tyler
Old 10-26-2007, 09:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LT1 clutch hydraulics have no bleed screw, it is supposed to bleed it self by pumping it several time after installing it.

My guess is either the MC or SC has ruptured internally or the pressure plate has exploded which is very unlikely. Take it apart and check it. Check the fork position too.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wrd1972 is right, no bleed screw. I thought that the 95 models have a cable style clutch fork. But anyhow, check your clutch, I had a 95 z that did the same thing. I had Speeddemon motorsports put a mcleod adj master and it still did it. Come to find out the pressure plate was jacked up. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: clutch pedal just went to the floor