Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

How much $$$

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much $$$

My clutch pedal is sticking to the floor. So I looked at the write up about it, looked at everything on the car, and it looks like a PITA. I dont really trust myself to fix it, so how much should it cost to replace the master cylinder, assuming thats the problem? What about the slave cylinder? I really need help, so anything is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Don't know what it would cost but, it's really not that hard to do. The master is a pita just because it's hard to get your hands up under the brake master. To get to the slave you have to pull the tranny. Did you look at Rangers write up about clutch fluid maintenance? If not, it's a good read...
Old 11-10-2007, 05:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The master you should be able to do yourself, if you have any mechanical skill at all. It really not that hard in my book. Its a tight squeeze getting it out but its not that bad. The hardest part is bleeding it. If you read my write-up like it says I would start with a good bleed of the system then do the master. That might clear up your problem and save you alot of money.

As far as a price it depends in my book if your going to replace the slave you might as well replace the clutch while your in there. With the ls7(a good replacement clutch and its cheaper than any other replacment you will find) at $400, master $130, slave $150 I would also have the pilot bearing replaced as well at $20, so parts alone are $700 I would guess labor would be about the same. Somewhere from $1200-$1600 would be my guess.