Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Textra exoskel twin disk and its fried with just 700 lbs of torque wth

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 08:23 AM
11Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have any trouble getting in touch with Textralia (which I never have) and you bought your clutch from Young at byunspeed.com (which I think a lot of us did), then just talk to Young. He will make sure you get taken care of. Textralia and Young have both treated me right in the past.
Old 12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Well. Now the clutch will not even hold n/a power. I am going to pull the clutch tomorrow in hopes to get this resolved. I sent Jarrod a PM, and an email, although the email address keeps coming up as not a working email address.

I called him yesterday, but he was in a meeting. Hopefully this will get taken care of. I have a twin turbo set up with a built 402 in the works. If we do go with another textralia, I hope it holds the power and this one was just a freak.

We shall see. I cannot afford to spend 1300 plus another 700 for a clutch swap every 5 months.
Old 12-14-2007, 01:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Check the email address. I posted it above. Also make sure you are putting the .au on the end if you are sending it to .com only, it won't get to me.

We're not out here to leave anyone hanging who has our product. We built our name on customer service we're not about to start abandoning our core values.

Get with me via email, and we can arrange to get your clutch back here for inspection and repair/rebuild.
Old 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM
Launching!

Thanks Jerrad. I called you yesterday and left you my number via text as you said you were in a meeting.

I know that you are not trying to leave anybody high and dry, but I am not having any luck with the email address...even as you provided it to me.

I cut and pasted the email actually.

Any chance you can email me at kik1979@hotmail.com? I left you a pm as well on the board with my contact info.

Thanks

David

Last edited by 50_Dave; 12-14-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:51 PM
Launching!

Sigh.... Not feeling very confident now. I contacted Jared yesterday and he wanted to check on things. Asked me to call back later in the day I did and all I get now is a machine. E-mails not getting a response either. I figured I'd leave a few messages on Peters cell as well no response. How about it Jared your customers could use some help and I don't think a call back or e-mail response is asking to much. Help.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:05 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

50 Dave, we had a problem with the mail server, it is now resolved. I wills end you an email to verify that you get email.

Ironmancan- I'm sorry all you got was the machine. If it went to voice mail, it means I am unable to answer the phone... I have responded to your email. Let me know via email how we can help you.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Launching!

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:05 PM
9 Second Club

Be patient with Jarrod. He will get to you. I know I got frustrated but it takes a little time when all of us are asking/wanting answers right away. Hes only one person with a big job to do.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:24 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by JMBLOWNWS6
Be patient with Jarrod. He will get to you. I know I got frustrated but it takes a little time when all of us are asking/wanting answers right away. Hes only one person with a big job to do.
Your right, quick update I bought the Tex new from someone that changed his mind and went auto instead. Jarrod did state that they don't warranty clutchs sold 2nd party but he would still work with me concerning repairs.

Completely understood since he has no way of confirming the clutch was new when I recieved it. It is a business after all and he doesn't know me from Adam. So the money I thought I saved will be used for the repairs. Gotta love hotrodding

Thanks for the help and fair play Textralia
Old 12-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Ironmancan
Your right, quick update I bought the Tex new from someone that changed his mind and went auto instead. Jarrod did state that they don't warranty clutchs sold 2nd party but he would still work with me concerning repairs.

Completely understood since he has no way of confirming the clutch was new when I recieved it. It is a business after all and he doesn't know me from Adam. So the money I thought I saved will be used for the repairs. Gotta love hotrodding

Thanks for the help and fair play Textralia
If you have a shop install the Tex and ducument it as new at time of install, that could go a long way towards having Tex stand behind it.
Lots of manufacturers insist on install by an authorized dealer to preserve warranty.
Asuming you do that, it would be completley flaky for Tex to void your warranty regardless of who the original purchaser was.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Launching!

Updated with pics!
Old 12-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 50_Dave
Updated with pics!
mmmmm.. toasty
Old 12-26-2007, 07:44 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lunarx
If you have a shop install the Tex and ducument it as new at time of install, that could go a long way towards having Tex stand behind it.
Lots of manufacturers insist on install by an authorized dealer to preserve warranty.
Asuming you do that, it would be completley flaky for Tex to void your warranty regardless of who the original purchaser was.
Sigh.... I may have to save up for another unit from someone else we'll see how it's handled by Tex. Jurys still out they want me to pull it, send to them and then we'll talk price to fix. Alot of money for something that didnt work as advertised.

Originally Posted by 50_Dave
Updated with pics!
Any word from Textralia?

Last edited by Ironmancan; 12-26-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Ironmancan
Sigh.... I may have to save up for another unit from someone else we'll see how it's handled by Tex. Jurys still out they want me to pull it, send to them and then we'll talk price to fix. Alot of money for something that didnt work as advertised.

Any word from Textralia?
I will know soon I hope. Im going to overnight it tomorrow.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Great, good luck and please keep us posted
Old 12-26-2007, 09:10 PM
Launching!

I sure will.

Im hoping to have it back in time to install it on my new 402. That should be here in two weeks, and my twin turbo kit should be here next week

Quick Reply: Textra exoskel twin disk and its fried with just 700 lbs of torque wth