Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

spec 3+ chatter

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default spec 3+ chatter

How much chatter is normal with the spec 3+? I have the spec aluminum fluwheel as well. It chattered pretty bad when I first put it in, it is getting better but still chatters a lot when accelerating lightly. If I get on it a little the chatter diminishes.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 AM
FormerVendor

Chatter is normal through the break-in period. That being said, you mention that this happens at light throttle. In order to clarify, I need to know if this occurs when you are releasing the clutch are after the pedal is fully released. If it happens during the engagement of the clutch then it is normal as the disc will smip across the face of the flywheel a bit as it begins to bite. If it occurs when the pedal fully out at light throttle then this is lightly gear noise which is a completely different thing. Please clarify and I will be happy to assist you further. Thanks!
Old 11-20-2007, 01:51 PM
Teching In

It seems to happen the most when releasing the clutch andlight throttle, like when in a parking lot. It is not nearly as bed when accelerating from a stop or accelerating into traffic ect. That being said it has reduced quite a bit in the last 50 miles or so. I only have about 200 miles on the new clutch. Will this go away completely? If so what is the mileage i can expect to see this stop?
Old 11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

The chatter will be gone after 1000 miles for sure. Mine went away a lot faster though.