Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

need internal slave setup for lt1 t56

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need internal slave setup for lt1 t56

i am planning to run a tripple plate clutch with my lt1 t56, however it is external slave stock and i was wondering if there is a internal slave kit available to work with it already? figured i would check before fabbing something myself. so if anyone knows please let me know. i searched the forum but didnt find what i was looking for.
Old 12-15-2007, 03:14 PM
Teching In

so no one has tried using or has used an nternal slave cylinder on a lt1 t56? no one has used a twin or tripple plate clutch that requires a push style slave?
Old 12-15-2007, 08:48 PM
Teching In

got a pm from a guy trying to help which is awesome, but figured id give everyone the reason i need this. this is the reply i sent him.

"heres the thing. im using this lt1 t56 on a 7mgte. it is a toyota 3.0l inline 6 engine that is turbocharged. im rebuilding one to go in with the t56 and all the new boltons ill be instaling at the same time. it should be ~550rwhp and 480+rwtq. this is in my 1984 toyota supra. you can see the t56 swap pics here.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2042690/10

and feel free to check al the others out. i drew the adaptor plate up in slidworks myself and it will be here tuesday for me to test fit. pilot bearing was simple, one from a civic works perfect. also, a local clutch shop is going to drill and tap my stock flywheel for the 7.25in tilton triple disc clutch i just bought. i was going to use a single disc setup with a rps max 3200lb clamping pressure plate but decided to go with the triple disc setup as it is lighter and will hold more power with less pedal effort. as you can probably tell so far i am not worried about fabricating something myself in the leasdt but figured someone must have used a similar clutch already as they are rated at 1050ft lb tq capacity. thought there might have been a bolt in internal slave already that i wasnt able to find on the search feature and on google.

what im likely going to have to do, is once my flywheel is tapped and the adaptor is hear, i will bolt it all together and get some measurements inside the bellhousing. that way i know how much distance from the clutch to the trans and then order a titlon the neccesary length and internal diameter to fit over the input shaft sleeve. i will likely buy a piece of 1/2in 6061 t6 aluminum and drill and tap for hte slave then tack weld the plate into the inside of the bh area to hold the slave firmly in place. ill prolly do 4 good tacks and thats it. should hold fine. plus i dont want to get too much heat on the trans."

also heres more info

this is the clutch i bought,
http://www.bsrproducts.com/product_i...2871f47f8a9740

bought a used one off ebay for $135 shipped. the new organic discsare $170 for the 3 pack brand new. from a local shop here in tampa, fl that is also a seller on ebay. i know these are race clutches and are basiclly on/off buttons but i did alot of searching on gogle and the porsche 996 gt2 guys use this exact clutch. they say the ceramic discs are streetable but chatter. most opt for the organic discs as they dont chatter and engage smoother. 1 guy is making over 700rwhp and the organic discs are holding up fine. so with the power ill be making it should be an awesome clutch. thats why im going with the organic discs as i will be driving this car alot. its not a drag car even though i will be drag racing it alot. i have done a ton to the suspension and will be doing alot more as i intend to autocross the car as well. car stops awesome with the brake upgrades but ill be adding the rear bbk and bigger, wider rims and tires soon as well. please dont flame me because im putting this into a toyota. just got tired of breaking the 5 speed transmissions that are available and didnt want to spend $3k for a getrag v160. i like american muscle too. i have a 64 c10 shortbed fleetside im trying to fix up. already has a sbc400 in it and lots of other stuff.

anyhow, i hope all this will shed light on what im doing so hopefully someone has an easy solution to this, if not ill be breaking out my tape measure and tig.

Last edited by williamb82; 12-15-2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:39 AM
Teching In

i was given this from another forum. i never saw it when i searched myself. looks like it will work.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
Old 12-17-2007, 11:52 AM
On The Tree

From what I have looked into :
The LT1 trans uses a pull style clutch and a 1" shorter bellhousing and input shaft. I do not know if there is enough room inside the BH to fit a push style clutch and a push style hyd TO bearing.
It may be easier to switch to a LS1 style trans to fit what you want in there.

Quick Reply: need internal slave setup for lt1 t56