Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal stuck to floor!

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch pedal stuck to floor!

I read the sticky, and its very good. Is going to help me out alot.
I just took my car out of seven months of storage with occasional family driving the car around the block a few times, or weekly warm ups etc. I came home to find my cluth pedal wont come off the floor. The whole time in storage it was fine, but i live in michigan and its gotten really cold lately, snow etc. Its been in the garage but stilll, im thinking maybe condensation could have got into the system, and maybe froze. But im going to start with bleeding the system i guess, its going to be a pain in the a@@! tho.
If anyone has any additional tips, or has done this themselves and feels they have a good system down, hit a brother up! Thanks.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

it won't be a pain if you buy a $60 mity vac. Also, I'm assuming you reached down and tried to pull it up already. I used to have do that after WOT runs with my old clutch.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Teching In

ill admit that ive never even looked around the bell housing, or even know where to use a mity vac. this is going to be a little adventure on my part
Old 12-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

the mighty vac hooks onto the clutch masters filling container. and it draws vaccum. which inturn bleeds the air out.
Old 12-28-2007, 08:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dont let anyone fool you, it's going to be a pain in the ***. gm left almost no room to get a socket over the bleeder on the bellhousing...it's on the dr side right up at the top on the seam where the trans meets the bellhousing.

a good bleed should cure the problem. how many miles are on your car? mine had 60,000 and the fluid looked like black paint. i had the same issue with the pedal sticking. my solution was to put in a textrailia with a new master cyl and slave cyl....you wont have to do that though, lol.