Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch or tranny

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch or tranny

I have a 00 Z28. stock master cylinder, updated gm slave and a centerforce clutch. Pro 5.0 shifter. When i shift into gear my gears will grind. If i hold the clutch for a min before shifting it'll usually slide in fine. When i let off the clutch it'll stick when it's almost to the top then pop the rest of the way up a second later. Sometimes it's really really hard to get it out of one gear. Anyone got any suggestions?
Old 01-29-2003, 07:24 AM
TECH Regular

Default Re: Clutch or tranny

Sounds like the synchros to me. Give D&D a call they can help you out.
Old 01-31-2003, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 99ZEOD:
<strong> Sounds like the synchros to me. Give D&D a call they can help you out. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I wish i could.. aint got the money for that.

also when i push the clutch down it has about an inch of play before it starts disengaging the clutch..
Old 01-31-2003, 07:01 PM
TECH Regular

As far as the pedal not coming out all at once, mine is doing the same thing and I'm starting to think the slave might have something to do with that. My tranny is out right now getting a rebuild and before going back in I will install a new slave. I'll let everyone know if it takes care of the problem.

I don't know why I didn't say this in the first post but if you have an aftermarket clutch, then you should get an adjustable master cylinder. The stock master is not designed to work with anything but a stock clutch. I would stay away from the Mcleod master as it seems to be hit or miss with getting it to work worth a damn. Mine sucked! I put the stock adjustable that came with my Cartek clutch back in and it is working fine after I made a few modifications to it.

Another thing I forgot to ask. Do you have the stop bolts in the shifter? If not, go outside and put them in right away. I didn't put them in my shifter and now I'm getting a rebuild. It's simple insurance for overshifting and bending a shift fork.

Whew! I think I covered it all. If you want email me with any questions you have. I've been through this crap alot.