Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch pedal just doesn't feel right

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2003, 03:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch pedal just doesn't feel right

I've been having some problems lately with my clutch pedal not "feeling" right in this cold weather (5 above). Sometimes its really mushy at the top of its travel and other times its fine. Sometimes the pedal doesnt want to return all the way up (doesnt "stick" to the floor). This happens under normal driving, not just agressive. Shoot, i've got snow tires on so how agressive can you get I've got the updated 145 slave in my car and its got about 25k on it. Still have the stock clutch and master cylinder, although I did the drill mod about 10k ago and car has about 40k on it. I've bled and re-bled the hydraulics. It gets better for a few days after the new fluid is put in, but starts screwing up again. The fluid that comes out of the slave bleed hole is pretty dark, making me think some seals are wearing out. I use the genuine GM clutch fluid since it has a lubricant in it for the seals FWIW. So anyway, wonder if its the slave, master, or PP thats messed up? Any ideas? Also, the clutch doesnt disengage all the way all the time, so I know its hard on the synchros, so I want to find the culprit quickly.

<small>[ January 29, 2003, 10:40 PM: Message edited by: MyLS1Hauls ]</small>

Quick Reply: Clutch pedal just doesn't feel right