Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Spec Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 12:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pitbull, What kind of noise does it may and when exactly does this occur? Having a little more info will allow me to better assist you. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2009, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whenever I leave from a stop. As soon as the clutch starts to catch it sqeals but once it's fully engaged it's silent. Also while shifting the noise does not occur.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:18 PM
FormerVendor

It is not unusual to have some sound eminate during engagement when using a carbon-semi-metallic based material. This occurs as a result of the disc material scuffing the flywheel or plate frictions surface during engagement. You will generally see this sound reduce as the unit fully seats and with higher ambient temperatures. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have run the SPEC 3 took it out at 50k just cus i thought i should cus i was going to the track and knew it has a ton of miles on it (it was fine with plenty of life left) and SPEC 3+ replaced it, it does have a heavier pedal, i personally dont like it but im used to it now and it has been in for 40k and many track trips NO problems

i have seen some break, some wear out ( i personally think they are being driven incorrectly)

Pewter i know about the stage 5 you talk about and not sure whay that one let go, but it was in a hi hp car but when it broke it wasnt doing anything that should have caused failure
Old 05-18-2009, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SPEC-01
It is not unusual to have some sound eminate during engagement when using a carbon-semi-metallic based material. This occurs as a result of the disc material scuffing the flywheel or plate frictions surface during engagement. You will generally see this sound reduce as the unit fully seats and with higher ambient temperatures. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks,
I wasn't sure if it is normal, I DD my car it's not a race car, just figured I would of heard or read about this noise. When I had my clutch done we also installed a new billet flywheel. Maybe that's why it's so loud. People think I'm doing a burnout LOL

Clutch works great though

Quick Reply: Spec Stage 3