Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

zf 6 speed with bbc slipping

Old 03-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default zf 6 speed with bbc slipping

I have a zf 6 speed behind a gen 4 bbc,and an aluminum fidanza flywheel. From the day I put the tranny in, clutch has slipped. I tried a ceramic disc clutch, with the 6 friction pads on it. I have tried a spec brand clutch. And I tried the stock clutch. Still the same thing.It appears as though the clutch is only biting on the outside. When I lay the pressure plate on the bench and put a straight edge on the clutch surface, it is not flat. There is alot of clearance to the inside.Everything I know tells me that this surface should be flat. This pressure plate is the pull style.I am thinking of having the pressure plate machined flat. This is the second p plate I have had on it, and they are both the same. I even put the plate on the milling machine and took some stock off the mounting surface that mates to the flywheel with hopes of getting some more clamping force,but this still ended up with a slipping clutch. My engine is putting out about 450-500 hp, so this shouldnt be too much. I have talked with fidanza, and they have been of no help. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: zf 6 speed with bbc slipping