Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TEX OZ700 X Grip is parts for sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default TEX OZ700 X Grip is parts for sale

I've got an X grip for sale in the parts section.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 AM
TECH Addict

Ummm, specs? Used? Miles? Condition? Pics? Things move quickly in the used parts section and it's probably on page 3 by now.

Why are you selling it and how did you like it when it was installed?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by PewterScreaminMach
Ummm, specs? Used? Miles? Condition? Pics? Things move quickly in the used parts section and it's probably on page 3 by now.

Why are you selling it and how did you like it when it was installed?
I never installed it. I decided to replace the stands in my RAM DD to stop the rattlng which is why I picked up this clutch to begin with. I got it from Jeff at Total Performance Engineering. Here's what he said:

Next, is a Textralia 0700 (X-Grip) clutch w/ billet flywheel. This clutch has right at 500-600 miles on it. After it was broken in, it was taken to the track 1 time. Unfortunately, it was mated to a 440cid LS7 with spray. So it slipped on the very first pass. It was immediatly pulled after that.
With the exception of a couple hot spots on the flywheel and PP. (like almost all clutches) it it PERFECT. The pad thickness is probably 99%. There are no grooves in in the flywheel. All in all, I would say its almost new.
It REALLY pisses me off that I need to sell this clutch, cause its perfect for a 500-650rwhp car. I need a Z-grip. Basically, the X-grip is the more streetable version of the Z-grip. This clutch can be used from anything from stock to 600-650rwhp (and tracked) Anything over that, it would start to question it. The pedal pressure is as close to stock as you can get.
You can be my guest to verify with textralia my claims
Old 03-17-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Huh, that's weird that it was broken in for 500-600 miles considering one of the big features of the clutch is that it requires no break-in period. I can see maybe a hundred miles or so just to make sure everything was installed properly and there are no problems, but perhaps someone didn't do their research.

Good luck with the sale!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Update: Sold

Last edited by WKMCD; 03-17-2008 at 05:17 PM.

Quick Reply: TEX OZ700 X Grip is parts for sale