Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My car is cursed

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 02:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car is cursed

So yesterday I took my car by the self wash and pressure washed all the pollen off. Well after that my car has been some kind of f**ked up. It feels like something just insnt right. The car is real sluggish when in gear and when you attempt WOT theres a popping sound maybe two or three lound pops either coming from under the car or exhaust . But when you rev the engine up in neutral it sounds and feels fine. The car is an M6 WS6 if that helps. If anybody has any ideas feel free to say something
Old 03-24-2008, 02:42 PM
12 Second Club

sounds like you got some electronics wet or something, no SES light?
Old 03-24-2008, 03:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hmm you have a case of pollen pedal.

if your description of the events is that vague.. the comments you get on here will be the same.

you got something wet. what that something is.. who knows.

teaches you to go to a car wash. car washes are for camrys.
Old 03-24-2008, 04:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't be a smarta$$ but I will attest to this...don't ever take your car to a car wash, he's right, they're for camrys. I thought i'd just run my low milage 02 SS through a quick touchless wash, next thing I know, the bottom spray nozzles put a hole in my headers. Took it to a shop and got it patched, still looks like trash though. If you value your car, hand wash it, bottom line. Give it a couple of days to pan out, if it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!
Old 03-24-2008, 04:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Martin HD-28
I won't be a smarta$$ but I will attest to this...don't ever take your car to a car wash, he's right, they're for camrys. I thought i'd just run my low milage 02 SS through a quick touchless wash, next thing I know, the bottom spray nozzles put a hole in my headers. Took it to a shop and got it patched, still looks like trash though. If you value your car, hand wash it, bottom line. Give it a couple of days to pan out, if it doesn't, I don't know what to tell you. Good luck!
carwashes use recylced water that's often incorrectly filtered and has nasty crap in it. the brushless washes don;t actually clean the car and the ones with brishes scratch.

the rails can mess up alignnments wheels and tires.

not to mention that convertibles and cars with T Tops are not supposed to be hit directly with that much PSI.

i think you've learned a valuable lesson here.

if something got wet, chances are it will dry... but still... check your air box, and scan for codes.

then get a sponge and a bucket for next time.
Old 03-24-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

i took my car to a car wash once, and the water/soap was coming threw my t tops and i vowed to never go again and just hand wash in driveway. good luck with your car
Old 03-24-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Last time I took my car to the car wash the dirty brushes put hairline scratches that took me a friggin day to polish out,

Wrong section
Old 03-24-2008, 09:14 PM
Launching!

So heres an update. I drove the car all day to see how it would do and as long as you are cruising its ok. Oil pressure is perfect for a ported LS6 pump, operating temp is fine as always, Operating temp is perfect. Voltage is fine. This makes no sense. the car has a ticking coming from under the car. The shifter shakes really hard when acclerating, especially in fifth gear. This is gotta be the craziest thing ever. One more thing, I did put the pressure washer pretty close to the exhaust tips to clean them. I dont know if any water would have messes up the o2's but I guess it doesnt matter cuz i have long tubes. This blows
Old 03-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Launching!

Anyone care to add their 2 cents on the matter of my car being mechanically challenged.
Old 03-25-2008, 01:20 AM
Banned

definantly a missfire sounds like! give it a few days for things to dry up man
Old 03-25-2008, 02:22 AM
12 Second Club

I have long tubes .... O2 sensors in them. I guess yours doesnt though. Anyway, to me it sounds like your O2 sensors are shot. Everytime mines does that I know its time to change them. Are you getting shitty mileage? Does it happen when your just lightly on the throttle. With my car in daily driving it kinda stumbles and sputters until the throttle is half way to WOT and she kicks in like everythings fine. Whats happening is that because the O2s aren't working properly the computer will dump extra fuel in to overcompensate in case you are lean. When you open the throttle, more oxygen mixes in and everythings fine. Mines never popped though. Let us know.
Old 03-25-2008, 06:54 AM
Launching!

Yeah I have long tubes with o2s in them but the thing is I thought they have some kind of tune on them so they trick the computer into thinking that their are catalytic converters there. Does this mean that they can still fail and wouldnt I throw a code or something. What your saying sounds what my car is doing and it was shooting fuel out of the tailpipes so maybe that is it....what do you think??
Old 03-25-2008, 09:26 AM
Launching!

So i thought that the car was not all there...well i lied. I finally said screw it if somethings broken then its broken so I went WOT 1st-3rd and the powers still there but you hear a loud popping/banging coming from the back of the car. But when in neutral and you rev it up its not there. Its wierd
Old 03-25-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

partial misfire.
Old 03-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Whats the best way to find out which cylinder is misfiring and what is causing it
Old 03-25-2008, 04:09 PM
12 Second Club

Wow... not only we had the same problem but looking at your sig. we almost have the same set up as well. Anyway, yeah the O2's are functional on your longtubes. The car originally had 4 (I think) but 2 of them I used the sims on. It's been like 4 years so I don't remember sorry.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 PM
Launching!

I pmed you about that because I thought if you had an o2 go bad you would have some kind of light come on in your gauge cluster.
Old 03-25-2008, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

Hmm, shaking in 5th gear, Idk if it's necessarily a problem stemming from a pressure washer? Sounds like, either multiple misfire, or a bent pushrod, keeping a valve closed, and causing a resistance of torque on the rotating cycle. The popping is unspent fuel blowing up in the exhaust, so that's not going to be a transmission issue.

Last edited by greysteel_M6; 03-25-2008 at 08:00 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Launching!

Well I did what Y2K SS did and took a wet rag to each primary on the header and #1 didnt sizzle at all, I could touch it with my hand. When I changed the spark plugs they were all pretty messed up but #1 was black as hell. So does this mean that I have a bad coil pack or what. This is very frustrating
Old 03-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Launching!

Anybody????

Quick Reply: My car is cursed