Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Please Help I'm at a loss

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help I'm at a loss

OK so I just had a thread on here saying I lost all my clutch fluid for no reason. So I got a mity vac and bleed the system. I did not go over 15ka and the clutch feels like it used to. The only problem is when i press it down fluid comes out of the weep hole on the bottom of the bellhouseing. What does this mean, what did I break, and how much will it cost to fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA
Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 AM
11 Second Club

Slave cylinder, most likely. I have however, seen the line from the master come loose and cause fluid to weep out the hole in the bell. A slave is not too expensive but the tranny needs to come out to replace it.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 AM
TECH Resident

I had a similar issue once, What I had messed up was the bleeder screw. I had torqued it down to much and smashed the tip on it. Thus causing it to seal wrong allowing fluid to leak out. Dont know if this is the issue but might wanna check. If you have the stock slave on the car might as well get a new one any ways. They are not expensive so might as well upgrade to the newer slave.