Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

who else has this issue with a stage 2 clutch??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 12:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who else has this issue with a stage 2 clutch??

alright well i just picked up my SS about 2 weeks ago. Im 21 and this is my 3rd F-body, however, its my first standard. Now, Im a expert quad racer so clutching is no Noob thing to me....My car has a Stage 2 RAM clutch in it according to the previous car owner and it only has about 2300 miles on it. What my question is, are the stage 2 clutches supposed to be real rough?? Sometimes, I can get the car to shift all smooth, then the next time i shift it the same exact way and its rough...mainly, its the first to 2nd gear shift. Im shifting at 2500-2700rpms from 1st to 2nd and no matter if i let the clutch out fast, or let it out slow, it kinda jerks real rough.....car only has 43k on it, and like I said....only 2300 miles on the stage 2 itself...

also, just found out what the "Skip Shift" is for...I tried this when it was light up to see if the shift would be alot smoother and it was rough as hell. When I down shift, I revv match and its smooth....it seem's like the faster I upshift tho, the smoother it shifts....Is it possibly the way Im shifting?? Im not familier with how these T56 transmission shift since this is my first....Could I be letting the clutch out too fast?? Too slow?? or not giving it enough gas as I let the clutch out??