Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch or something else...

Old 05-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Clutch or something else...

I'm coming home and was getting on it from a stop, car has 80+ on the clock, making over 400 to the wheels. I shifted hard between 1-2nd up around 6400 and same between 2-3rd. It felt like the rear "floated" or something, almost like the tires spun a little but it wasnt a chirp and they hooked thing. The tires on the back have about 30% tread left so it could have spun, I have a bad left rear shock which is getting replaced this week. Could it be the clutch, the tranny, the rear? Yesterday was kind of damp and chilly, around mid 60s with some mist in areas so... Going to go out tomorrow after work and try it again and see what the result is. Any ideas guys?
Old 05-05-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

well it could be the bad shock, that could be the rear end is not planting the power right, its not ur posi unit if it goes its gone poof! its not the tranny but it might be the clutch but i would put my money on the shock is not letting your car plant the power right
Old 05-06-2008, 08:53 AM
Launching!

well i got on it yesterday and only thing i got was wheel hop which will be fixed by the new shocks and relocation brackets that are in the mail. next after that is new clutch.

Search this Thread