Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Drive Shaft not going in!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drive Shaft not going in!!!!!!

Two questions:

1) I just had my tranny rebuild, and I installed it with a new clutch, new throwout bearing, pilot bearing, a slave cylinder. But now the drive shaft wont go in. The tranny shop said it could be the yoke or the bushing. Any suggestions?

2)Does anyone have a step by step on how to bleed the Hydraulics for the clutch. Everything is already connected, I have the fluid, but I got stunp when I tryed to use the a mitty vac to bleed it.

Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Are you sure that the spline count on the drive shaft matches the spline count on the output of the transmission. There are different spline counts for the output: a 26 and a 30 I think or something close to that. You may have gotten the wrong one installed during the rebuild.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

http://home.comcast.net/~buschman_00...utchbleed.html

thats one of the better bleeding methods and it shows you how to vac.
Old 05-27-2008, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

top off fluid, crawl under and open bleeder and wait for fluid to come out. Close bleeder and have friend, wife or whoever check fluid again. Depress clutch pedal and hold, open bleeder and close it, let up on pedal. Check fluid, and repeat until no maore air bubbles and clutch feels ok. Crank car and push clutch and put in gear, make sure it works and then while in gear and clutch pedal mashed rev engine(4-5k) on flat ground and see if cars even slightly attempts to move. If not your ok. If it does it is not fully disengaging. Drive it for a week or so and bleed again. Should be ok. May not need to bleed second time. your choice.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:36 PM
Banned

If they changed the rear bushing and installed a regular old Th350 bushing in its place , thats your problem . The driveshaft will not go in without excessive force and will damage the rear bushing and/or the tail housing .

Quick Reply: Drive Shaft not going in!!!!!!