Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Reybestes slave cylinder with throw out/release bearing? This thing any good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 08:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reybestes slave cylinder with throw out/release bearing? This thing any good?

I'm 99% sure I blew my slave (will pull apart tonight/tomm morning to know for sure) but I was calling around to find who had what in stock and at what price. My local carquest parts store is having one brought to the store form the warehouse for free, just cause I said I might buy it, thought that was cool as hell of them. Now they have the reybestes brand slave with the throw out / release bearing for only 87.96. I called a few other places and the LUK slave is 69.99 at pep boys and 91.99 at autozone (surprising) but they dont have a bearing with it, they want to sell me the bearing for an extra 60 bucks!

So LUK+Bearing = $140 or so after tax
Or Reybestos with bearing for $95 or so after tax

This will only be in my car maybe a month or two till I get some more parts and then my TH400 goes in. Just wondering about teh quality of the reybestos parts. Will they take a coupel months of abuse? I did a search on here but no one has mentioned them at all so I'm a little leary. I'd rtaher not waste teh $ on fancy parts that I will not need after a short while.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG BAD BLACKSS
I'm 99% sure I blew my slave (will pull apart tonight/tomm morning to know for sure) but I was calling around to find who had what in stock and at what price. My local carquest parts store is having one brought to the store form the warehouse for free, just cause I said I might buy it, thought that was cool as hell of them. Now they have the reybestes brand slave with the throw out / release bearing for only 87.96. I called a few other places and the LUK slave is 69.99 at pep boys and 91.99 at autozone (surprising) but they dont have a bearing with it, they want to sell me the bearing for an extra 60 bucks!

So LUK+Bearing = $140 or so after tax
Or Reybestos with bearing for $95 or so after tax

This will only be in my car maybe a month or two till I get some more parts and then my TH400 goes in. Just wondering about teh quality of the reybestos parts. Will they take a coupel months of abuse? I did a search on here but no one has mentioned them at all so I'm a little leary. I'd rtaher not waste teh $ on fancy parts that I will not need after a short while.

Any input is appreciated.
does it say AP on it? if it does its prob no diff than the GM one providing the date that is.