Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

My transmission Is toast..Options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:42 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My transmission Is toast..Options?

My 99 corvette transmission(t56) has seen better days.. Its having a problem getting stuck in gears, requiring double clutching to get it to release.

Problem started off as a Grind in 4th, and over a few weeks has gotten progressively worse.

Im looking for options on the repair process.. Im mechanically inclined, yet I have never rebuilt a transmission, only engines. I understand the fundimentals of it but im not sure. Is there any complete step by step writeups out here to try this?

Another option is having someone do it for me, Im in georgia so is there anyone out within this few state area that can repair this pretty cost effective? Im really looking for a stock rebuild not beefed up.

any suggestion is welcome...
Old 06-01-2008, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tick performance in the Carolina area does great work w/ transmissions and are extremely quick and knowledgeable on the t56 transmissions. They offer anything from a factory rebuild, to a custom viper built transmission. I had the same problem as you on a 00 trans am ws6. It ended up being the input shaft being really worn out.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:12 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'd be glad to take a look at it for you. We're located just off I-77 in Mooresville NC (about 25 min. north of Charlotte).

If you want to tackle it yourself, take a look here:

http://www.ttcautomotive.com/English...-0610-0199.pdf
Old 06-02-2008, 08:18 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you offering any specials on the rebuilds to help kick off the June 2nd opening from 18 minutes ago?