Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

stuck clutch pedal=clutch fork/t.o. bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2008, 11:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stuck clutch pedal=clutch fork/t.o. bearing?

OK i thoroughly read through the clutch pedal sticking to the floor sticky, and I just wanted to reassure that its not a bad throwout bearing or clutch fork problem, here is my case.

I was driving back home on a saturday and came to a stop at a stop sign. I went to go shift into second gear and the clutch pedal stuck to the floor (surprise surprise) but when i came to a stop i couldnt push the pedal even down to the floor to get it started. I had to use the button under the dash to engauge the car to start up and almost wrecked doing it hahah but the pedal felt EXACTLY how it felt when i had the clutch fork located on the wrong side of the throwout bearing last time i put the transmission in (it would not go to the floor and was extremely hard to press in) I just wanted to make sure that nobody else had this issue and had clutch fork/throwout bearing issues. Keep in mind this is an LT1 T56 not LS1 style. any input would be appreciated!
Old 06-04-2008, 07:39 AM
wrencher

I have seen LT1's break the fork or the pressure plate. It 'locks up' the pedal.
Pull the clutch fork boot back & use as light & see if you can see what the problem is inside the bellhousing.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:11 AM
11 Second Club

Im going to have to end up pulling the ******* transmission again, i had a problem with the snap ring on the t.o. bearing last time it went in so it probably broke or popped off and messed up my alignment but its hard to say. ive tried to beat around the bush but now i just said screw it and am yanking the thing out.

Quick Reply: stuck clutch pedal=clutch fork/t.o. bearing?