Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Does this sound like a good clutch set-up to you guys?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Does this sound like a good clutch set-up to you guys?

The Spec stage III (not sure carbon, kevlar, or ceramic), with the McCleod adjustable master.

Now correct me if I am wrong (most likely).. It comes with a new slave cylinder, and billet flywheel. I was told before that in the stage III package.. a new slave and flywheel are included.

Also if you don't mind explaining.. what is the diference between kevlar, carbon, and organic as far as perfomance/reliability.

If you don't like or the package makes no sense.. then tell me what you would do?

Thanks
Old 03-24-2003, 04:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Re: Does this sound like a good clutch set-up to you guys?

Sorry.. can you guys move this to Drivetrain?
Old 03-28-2003, 04:47 PM
Staging Lane

I got a spec stage 3 came with new flywheel cost was around 520$ did not come with slave or master cylinders the slave cost i think is around 260 and master is about 150 cant help with different materials. maybe that will help alittle.
Old 03-29-2003, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

If I were you I would get a RAM clutch. Ram backs its products 100 %.
Old 03-30-2003, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by 14u2nv:
<strong> If I were you I would get a RAM clutch. Ram backs its products 100 %. </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Who carries Ram clutches?
Old 03-30-2003, 07:39 AM
Staging Lane

I dont know about ls1 ram clutchs but i bought a ram for my 95 trans am you had to grind bellhousing for clearence you had to grind the thickness of the fly wheel down untill you got it right because they didnt know how much to take off the fly wheel. so i shipped it back and got a direct bolt in from another company. but the ls1 set up could be a better deal.
Old 04-01-2003, 09:17 AM
9 Second Club

Received 98 Likes on 76 Posts

I have the McLeod Rev-Lok II using the stock flywheel which has been resurfaced once. The clutch is a smaller iron disk but grabs hard as hell. As soon as I put this clutch in I couldn't wipe the smile off my face and I've had every clutch you can think of in my car besides the Ram. It rides nice but grabs hard and feels strong and solid. I'd go with McLeod's new master cylinder they came out with also and buy a new slave while you're at it, stock is good, whatever McLeod recommends. All the clutches are probably good now so whatever you choose don't worry too much about it just break it in like your supposed it and you'll be set. You can get the Rev-Lok II at Thunder Racing. Talk to Jason there if you have any more questions about it, that's what he's running.