Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

BENT FORKS OR CLUTCH PROBLEM..GETTING STUCK IN GEARS

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2003, 11:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BENT FORKS OR CLUTCH PROBLEM..GETTING STUCK IN GEARS

lately I have had grinding problems going into 4th gear.if I double clutch its fine..and now it will sometimes get stuck in 4th or 3rd and I have to take off from a light in whatever gear its stuck in and then down the road it will let me out..a few times I was in neutral and I couldn't get it into any gear...I am pretty sure alot of this may stem back to a month and a half ago...I had a few too many to drink and some friends in the car next to me wanted me to give them a smoke show..so I attempted to press all 3 pedals in and get the tires going but I find a standing burnout to be tough when sober..it wasn't happening drunk..I saw smoke and I was like "how's that!!!" weeelll...the smoke was coming from the front of the car..my clutch and the next day when sober I could tell that the clutch pedal didn't feel the same..really roasted it..but the shifting problems??? is that bent 3-4 forks? sorry so long..(btw..I now use my metro as the drinking car) boy was that retarded of me
Old 08-13-2003, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BENT FORKS OR CLUTCH PROBLEM..GETTING STUCK IN GEARS

First of all, being drunk and driving isnt the smartest thing to do! But I'm sure you know that already! Second of all, yes, it could be a bent 3-4 shift fork or bad syncro's. No way to really tell without going inside, atleast that's what gm said when they replaced mine at 14k miles!

Quick Reply: BENT FORKS OR CLUTCH PROBLEM..GETTING STUCK IN GEARS