Old 08-24-2003, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Stuck in fourth? HELP!?!?

Old 08-25-2003, 02:52 PM
On The Tree

all i can tell ya is what the guy that owned the viper told us.frankly i give a rip what they're made of to me they're junk.all i know is on a slightly moded f-body they may hold up but my car is not slightly moded.it's really moded the only thing in the car that's left as stock is the lower end of the motor(which during winter will be redone)and the trans.dual friction clutch and upgraded all the other parts in the trans except for the internals.so when it's rebuilt and you know anyone who needs a spare send them my way cause i'll be selling it for my 350 turbo.there's a trans worht something.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:06 PM
Resident Grump

if you look at the web page you can see the y make differnt trans with different torqe ranges witch I'm sure are for differnt applications. so i'm sure the Viper, Z-06 and SVT have titanium gears.

I don't have a problem with that or the torqe differance but the problem are not from the gears blowing up. it's from shifter/ syncro problem, thease part are alu. and brass. so titanium is not need it a stock or slightly beefed up F body.

I've got guys with stock cars still under warrenty beating the crap out of these syncros and bending shift forks. but not braking, chipping or cracking gears.

Ken
Got to have me some of those titanium gears.
Old 06-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Staging Lane

I just called up Themec transmission and they acted like they never heard of this problem. My T56 just popped out out third and now I only have fourth gear. Sad thing was I wasn't even driving it hard when it happened.

Quick Reply: Stuck in fourth? HELP!?!?