Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Need help asap! Problems with tranny/clutch...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help asap! Problems with tranny/clutch...

I have center forceclutch and upgraded slave cylinder that only has 8k mi on it. Most of which were not hard at all. Car has seen 3 1/4mi passes and I rarely take it past 6k rpms.

Everything was perfect until I got my car tuned the other day. I would never blame the tuner because he was not doing anything crazy with the car and I was there the whole time. But once I got inside the car, clutch pedal was sitting very very low and engagement point was very low (pretty much on the floor). This is not the biggest issue though because I could adjust the pedal and get used to this. Does anyone have a link on how to adjust it properly btw?

Now to the real issue. When the car is off, I can easily put it into any gear, but as soon as I turn it on, I start having problems. I practically have to force it into every gear. If I try to take it past 5k rpms and make a quick shift, I am able to get it out of the gear it was in, but cannot get it into next gear... If I wait about a second or so, I then could once again force it in...

Clutch isn't slipping at all and I'm assuming that the main problem is in engaging/disengaging completely.

I'd really appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Paul
Old 07-13-2008, 07:32 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like your hydraulics. YOu have an adjustable master cylinder it sounds like. First I'd try adjusting it and seeing if your engagement point stays the same.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:46 PM
12 Second Club

Gonna try to get in touch with previous owner to see if he had put adjustable cylinder or not. I had never had any problems with my clutches on any of my cars, so I'm kind of new to this whole thing. Are there any good DIY or write ups on these issues that I can read?

Thanks
Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tons of people have had issues similiar to yours, best thing is to do some searches.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:03 PM
12 Second Club

I did some research and came along some interesting threads. Found out that centerfornce is a piece of junk clutch, but I never had any problems with it before. And I'm just gonna try to adjust my pedal to see if it helps the isuue.

I wanted to make this post to see if people have other opinions and can suggest something.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

You need to make sure your system has been bled properly. Sounds like you have air in your lines.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:31 PM
12 Second Club

It's a possibility and I will consider doing it at some point if nothing else helps.

Thing is, it never happened before. Car was running perfectly and just needed a tune after the new parts were installed. Now tune is perfect, but car isn't running normally cuz on the damn clutch!!!

Quick Reply: Need help asap! Problems with tranny/clutch...