Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 t56 swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 10:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 t56 swap

Doin the swap sometime soon here and just wanting to know if there are any tips and tricks to doin it to make the job easier. I already printed out the conversion sticky. But is there anything anyone else has come across to make the job easier? Also on a scale of 1-10 how hard is the swap in a 94 lt1 camaro?
Old 07-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the middle of this swap. I'm using the instructions that are on this site:

http://afrashteh.com/tranny_pics/T56.htm

I know many people do this in a day or a few days, but I'm taking my time and going slow. There's been nothing insurmountable so far. The worst part was lying on my back and fighting with the miserably located bellhousing bolts before dropping the 4l60e. That sucked.

The instructions said to remove the exhaust, but I left it on the car. The manifold studs are rusted and probably would snap while trying to remove the flanges. That is another headache I wanted to avoid.

I still have questions of my own, but that's what I can say so far.
Old 07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cool, i havent completely decided if i wanted to do this myself or not considering the car is my daily driver and my only car so i might be forced to take it to a shop, if i can find one that will do the swap for a decent enough price. thanks for the info