Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Master Cylinder Wet

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2008, 09:15 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Master Cylinder Wet

Heres the deal. I've had this softness problem since i put the car together (1200 miles now on build) Clutch engages fine and drives fine but the first 2" of peddle are very soft and sticky. Car has a new GM slave, did the drill mod and replaced the master with a stock replacement from Advance. Clutch is also new Ram HDX. I have bleed it the way ram says. Open bleeder, push peddle down slow and close bleeder before its on the floor and repeat. And 4 bottles of fluid later problem still there. I can here a sucking sound from the master under the dash and the cap right where the shaft slides in and out is wet.

I'm taking this is not normal. And my master is junk. I worry about buying another one and having the same issue down the road. Should i invest in an adjustable master or just stick a new GM one it? I did pull the trans last weekend and install .150 worth of shims because i had .160 distance between the pressure plate and slave with it fully compressed. So i should be good on travel.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a show on the 23rd and i want to get this figured out before i go.
Old 08-06-2008, 11:23 PM
wrencher

There are stockers made adjustable as well. Anything that is other than a McLeod is a stocker.
You would prolly be fine w/just that IMO.
Read the sticky's at the top of this section as well.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Staging Lane

I put the original master back in last night, bleed the system again and the softness is still there. I'm gonna go ahead and pick up a adjustable master, and hopefully that will solve the issue.