Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

TEASER THREAD: Tick Performance's Revolutionary NEW Adjustable Master Cylinder

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now SHIPPING the Corvette kits and taking pre-orders for the F-Body Kits: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/980854-new-tick-performance-adjustable-master-cylinders-now-available.html

http://www.tick-performance.com
Old 09-04-2008, 11:02 AM
Internet Mechanic

Now for everyone in this thread, time to man up, slap it on the table and BUY!

I ordered mine
Old 09-04-2008, 02:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by Zturd
Jon/Joey-----several people know on here I've been searching for a 10.9x slip for my 2000 FRC Corvette. I happen to have the tex 0Z700 single disc, GM updated slave and master with the drill mod paired with my MGW shifter. I sat here for 30minutes and read through this entire post even the BS part LOL. I'm looking at alot of things to push the car to that magical 10second range NA before I go bottle. I keep saying the shifting is my hold back. I'm curious of a couple things before I decide what to place my order for.

1) After drilling the fire wall on my Corvette and for any reason I want to back to stock with the master cylinder have I hindered that by the drilling? Is it permanent after that? Or will a stock master go right back in no problem? I know that was a couple questions in one sorry about that.

2)Bleeding this system. I LITERALLY HATE DOING THAT WITH MY car LOL! I dont have the remote bleeder system. However I'm a packrat and have hte stock Slave sitting there. Could this be a potential easier way out to do the following. Install everything in the car minus connecting to the slave. Fill the system as described and gravity bleed. Then hook up my spare slave and bleed through there. Disconnect and connect to the slave in my car with no further bleeding or issues? I know this is a long shot but thought i'd throw the idea out there.

3)Price---PM me

I like what you are doing and I really hope this becomes a great product. I've never had a clutch last/grab/shift as good as my textralia does. I have 80 track passes on the car and about 25-30 of those passes are 1.5x 60fts down to several 1.50's.

Thank you Blu for sending me the link on corvetteforum to this. I"m really on the ropes to spend the money on this product. But i'm down to thinking electric waterpump and removing the passenger seat and retune for the 10's. I hoestly feel theres a 10.8x at 127mph if I can shift the car the way I used to shift my Fbody down the track. FLOOR AND SHIFT!!!!!!!!
1) No drilling on the firewall is required. The drilling is done only on the stock pedal assembly, and if for some reason you ever wanted to take the cylinder back to stock, you'd be able to without issue.

2) Bleeding can be done by the gravity method most of the time. Just have an assistant hold the valve in at the end of the line while someone keeps the resevoir full. A few pumps of the pedal may be necessary to get the flow started. Hooking up an old slave is a very good idea....thats something ive never really even thought about.

3) The price for the vette unit is $289.99

Sorry for the delayed response. Somehow Jonathan and I both overlooked your post.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Joey,

I just ordered a unit for my Corvette, do you have an on-line install guide? I want to start reading about it so I'll be ready to go once it gets here.

Thanks
Old 10-13-2008, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Not a complete guide, but this gives an idea of what you need.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/992899-installing-tick-perf-adj-clutch-master-cylinder-c5-corvette.html
Old 10-19-2008, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Hi, My clutch is an OZ700 textralia. It started out shifting hard at WOT, now it is hard to shift all the time. Im running a twin turbo, swapped the slave at install, swapped the master after it started shifting hard, helped a little but not enough to totally fix. A local Corvette guy said he thinks the clutch is not disengaging. Will this fix my problem?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:31 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by flynbludream
Hi, My clutch is an OZ700 textralia. It started out shifting hard at WOT, now it is hard to shift all the time. Im running a twin turbo, swapped the slave at install, swapped the master after it started shifting hard, helped a little but not enough to totally fix. A local Corvette guy said he thinks the clutch is not disengaging. Will this fix my problem?
On flat ground, keep your foot on the clutch in first gear and rev the car above 5000RPMs. If the car creeps forward (even with your foot on the clutch) you have a disengagement issue.

This has cured EVERY car that we've installed it on that previously had a Textralia shifting issue.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:38 PM
11 Second Club

havin the same problem..... When will the F-body master be out?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

x2 might need one for my f-body soon!
Old 10-20-2008, 04:46 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is out. http://www.tick-performance.com/cata...ody/driveline/
Old 10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
JDP
TECH Fanatic

ordered mine friday, my mcleod i just put in wont disengage, hopefully this fixes it.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
Good Deal..... I just placed my order about 5 minutes ago.....

When should it ship out???
Old 10-21-2008, 01:44 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by C_B64
Good Deal..... I just placed my order about 5 minutes ago.....

When should it ship out???
Check your email Brian, I am trying to ship it to you today.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:43 PM
11 Second Club

hmmm... 300 dollars is a bit hard to swallow....

im having the same exact problems with my mcleod street twin. it shifts great as long as im not at high RPM's. the second i try and shift the car fast after being WOT and high RPM's it hits the "wall" and wont go into any gear. it also seems like its not a huge fan of downshifting lately either. Has a fresh rebuilt t56rebuilds tranny in it.

how many people have confirmed this works?
Old 10-21-2008, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06

im having the same exact problems with my mcleod street twin. it shifts great as long as im not at high RPM's. the second i try and shift the car fast after being WOT and high RPM's it hits the "wall" and wont go into any gear. it also seems like its not a huge fan of downshifting lately either. Has a fresh rebuilt t56rebuilds tranny in it.

$300 for a piece of hardware that SOLVES the C5 shifting problem that they've had for years?

I think the price is right!

Ordered mine last week and should know in a week or two. I have heard from a few people that they work very well. Can't wait!!
Old 10-21-2008, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It works!

Just search the topic and their are quite a few write ups and reviews. Mine had the same problems as yours making the car impossible to run at the strip, now I can't keep the car off the strip.

BTW I was also the test car for this part so it was made using my car to fix your exact issue.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Joey@TickPerf
Check your email Brian, I am trying to ship it to you today.
Replied.... Sorry for the confusion....
Old 10-21-2008, 07:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After my 9" is in this will need to be my next mod...
Old 10-22-2008, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

hrmmm... it just kinda seems nuts that this single piece is more than the entire hydraulic system retail from GM.... i can get the slave and master at my hook up cost for like 180 dollars.

i might bight the bullet on this though.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hrmmm... it just kinda seems nuts that this single piece is more than the entire hydraulic system retail from GM.... i can get the slave and master at my hook up cost for like 180 dollars.

i might bight the bullet on this though.
Why are you comparing a stock GM part to an aftermarket part that has been custom made using different parts to eliminate a major problem. Its not like this was made using anything from the stock GM master. You can make an adjustable master out of a stock master for about $15 but does it fix the issue? Nope...

Hard to believe you are complaining about a $300 part that will fix your main issue making the car raceable again. You comparison is like me saying why is a Textralia clutch and flywheel $1000 when you can get a GM LS7 clutch and flywheel for $450. They are both just clutches and flywheels why do they differ in cost so much?

Quick Reply: TEASER THREAD: Tick Performance's Revolutionary NEW Adjustable Master Cylinder