Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Mc leod adjustable master position?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mc leod adjustable master position?

I was wondering where I should "start" the position of the master so I dont have any problems and I can just adjust it accordingly.

Ive already had a problem before to where I adjusted it out too far and popped my slave a long time ago. I also know if it's too far down it wont enguage and can also mess the clutch up..

so where do you people usually start it that do this a lot? In the middle? Middle low, middle high?

Help me out here, thanks!
Old 08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

just set it where it feels comfortable. I just started it and adjusted it from there. cause if you adjust it too far and too high youll be able to tell it doesnt feel right. So get it to where you want it. But i dont have a measurement of where mine is adjusted.
Old 08-24-2008, 11:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 6']['9
just set it where it feels comfortable. I just started it and adjusted it from there. cause if you adjust it too far and too high youll be able to tell it doesnt feel right. So get it to where you want it. But i dont have a measurement of where mine is adjusted.
I can adjust it fine once it's "within spec" but I just dont want it adjusted too far in or out the first time i push the clutch in, cause then i'm screwed.

maybe just leave it right in the middle?