Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Tranny Messed up!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2008, 12:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tranny Messed up!

Alright i dont no for sure if its my tranny or my shifting but this happened twice to me, i went 1st to 2nd then when i tried going to 3rd and it really felt like it was in 3rd and all of a sudden tires locked up and car started to shake!!!

It didnt seem like a mechanical over rev, idk....could this happen if it is put in 5th instead? i dont think it would but is it possible? or maybe it didnt go in any gear maybe it went inbetween and locked everything up? idk please help, drives fine, no lose of power, cant even tell ne thing happened but i dont no what had happened.
Old 08-31-2008, 11:01 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are shifting it back up in to first. If so I have done the same thing on two different occasions at the track. The motor does not want to turn at say 10k rpm and is why you get the sever wheel hop and vibration. With my situation the car, after a few runs under WOT and things heat up, just doesn't want to make a 2-3 shift. When driving back to line up the 2-3 shift is fine under normal excelaration.

I replaced my short stick with the original that came with the PRO 5.0 and that didn't help so I changed my clutch fluid (which was 6 years old and dark as Guinness) and did the Drill mod. I will have to see if this helped the next time I run it at the track and hope it is not a problem that I have with shifting.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, sounds like you may have down-shifted actually. Seen my friend do it to his C5 Z06 a FEW times!
Old 09-01-2008, 12:42 AM
wrencher

Had to be 1st you hit like everyone is saying. You can bend push rods like that with a mechanically forced over-rev.
Prolly a good thing it locked up.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea maybe good thing i bought those cheap kumhos lol, i really dont remember hearing the engine going crazy though! Like i would be able to hear the RPMs spike up but i just dont remember. idk even after my car still beat a 5.0 stang with heads cam intake full exhaust dynoing 3xxRWHP and 360 tq so idk! But just scary! lol

Quick Reply: Tranny Messed up!