Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

NEW Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinders NOW AVAILABLE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be watching for it next week
Old 09-17-2008, 09:44 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jonathon/Joey,

i have flogged on the car on the street and love it!!! as it works for me like anyone else, parts couldn't break at a worse time! so a week before a big event i took my trans out to check the clutch, it looked ok!, when i reassembled and bled the master i had no pressure.

i had 6 years of worry free use out of the mcleod piece. but alas they haven't been available for quite sometime, and still were weeks away for the new ones to comeout.

I happened upon this thread and got really excited! because this basically meant..."game on!!!" (lol!) anyhow the Team at Tick took care of me. all i can say is you will NOT have any regrets using this clutch master, it is awesome! the adjustability of the turnbuckle kicks major ***! for anyone who has had to lie under their dash to adjust the pedal height knows what i mean.

so for the time being i can honestly say that it rocks on the street, the big event got rained out last weekend, oh well. i will try to run the car on sunday and provide some feedback on it next week, weather pending.

oh and joey i do need a second one, lol!!!!! i will give you a call tomorrow.
Old 09-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any pics?
Old 09-22-2008, 02:55 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.

well i did get a chance to run the car on the motor this weekend. had some tuning issues, replaced the dist. cap and rotor at the track ....grrr! stock GM caps and rotors i don't think are meant for that kind of abuse. as well try reaching it behind the intake under the cowl! oh boy!

anyhow the master works great, i have to take a closer look at my previous logs, but i think i have improved my shifts by about .03 per shift, so almost a tenth on a full pass. car ran a 10.7 before i swapped the cap and rotor, then unfortunately i didn't get another clean full pass to see if the cap and rotor problem solved the engine breaking up at the top of third and thru fourth. i did get to make one more pass thru 3rd gear and i believe i the stuttering as been fixed.

so bang shifts at will!
Old 09-22-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just got mine this morning. hopefully I'll get some practice runs tonight.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:32 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Pictures for those interested:

What you get in the box:

Different views:

Old 09-22-2008, 05:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

OH, Hell yes!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01
Yeah Joey! What the hell!

Bruce is a bit slow so you have to spell everything out for him...

Good Luck with the new product Joey! Looks like a nice setup!
are you ordering one?

How the hell do you shift so fast with the stock t56 especially going into 4th! For some reason maybe its just vettes??? but going into 4th at the track under load on a sticky tire with some power seems very hard!!!

my tranny is perfect too.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Addict

i'm going to have to order one of these...
Old 09-22-2008, 08:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Just test drove it and this thing is BADD ***!!! I went for a regular shift the first time and it felt clean, so i decided to try a powershift. Before my tranny would just lock me out of gear like it wasn't there. This time I was able to go through all the gears and never had to lift my foot. FINALLY!!

Install was a bit of a bitch since the thing is a little bigger than a stock master and all of my braided fuel lines run through the same area as the master. But i was able to get everything buttoned up in just over an hour BY MYSELF. So having an extra set of hands would help for sure.

The clutch pedal is also sits a good bit lower than before but engagement fells a lot better. Just something to get used to.

Bad *** Product!!!

Last edited by transAm-98; 09-22-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

So did you follow the instructions on how to adjust it? Or how did you go about it? It's gonna be a little while before I get mine installed, but I can't wait...
Old 09-22-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I basically follwed the instruction. when I first hooked it up with the master adjusted all the way down, it put the clutch pedal on the floor. as if the pedal was completely depressed. Then I just started adjusting it back until I could actually pump the clutch and build up some pressure. And after that I just adjusted it until I could easily engage all the gears with the car running. The pedal sits a lot lower now and has less travel but it feels a lot better. Like the instructions say don't adjust it too far up though or you risk damagaing you clutch and the hydraulics.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'm glad to hear the excellent reviews, taner and transAm-98! I knew you guys would love these things. We're extremely proud to offer a solution to many of the problems with the hydraulics that have plagued these cars for years.
Originally Posted by 2000_SS
i wanna see some pictures of these things....
Originally Posted by Big Bird WS6
any pics?
Check out my new thread guys: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-transmission/990559-tick-performance-adjustable-clutch-master-cylinder-kits-shipped.html

And thank you Steve for the excellent pictures, as well. Can't wait until you get yours installed!
Originally Posted by CraZee ZO6
are you ordering one?

How the hell do you shift so fast with the stock t56 especially going into 4th! For some reason maybe its just vettes??? but going into 4th at the track under load on a sticky tire with some power seems very hard!!!

my tranny is perfect too.
Alex (WS6TransAm01) is a good buddy of mine. His driving skill is incredible and I think alot of it can be attested to seat time and experience. I can promise one thing: it's not his good looks that are helping him to bang the gears! As far as hydraulics go, I believe he's running a Cartek Adjustable Master which is a modified stocker, similar to a RAM. We've been trying for a while now to get Alex to row one of our 6spds, but he's a bit stubborn...

I think that Corvettes are harder to shift than F-Bodies in part due to the linkage that runs from the rear-mounted transmission up to the shifter. That paired with the poorly designed factory hydraulics are enough to cause a major delay between gears. The Corvettes we've installed our adjustable master cylinder kit on are an absolute night and day improvement.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:38 AM
TECH Resident

I need one of these now.. hopefully in stock!
Old 10-12-2008, 12:49 PM
On The Tree

I just got mine installed this past weekend. You will not regret installing this!

It fixed my high RPM shifting issues!!!
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

These are kept in stock and ready to ship!

Tripintaz - thank you so much for you positive feedback, both here and at corvetteforum.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

how much labor you guys think A shop would charge me for the vette?
does the rear and tranny have to come out like everything else with this car!! lol

200 seem right?

I might as well put the remote bleeder line in too right at the same time since they are already doing this.
I need a LINE LOCK kit too
Old 10-14-2008, 05:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would say about 2 hrs labor would be reasonable. The rear and tranny doesn't have to come out to do it, the cylinder can be accessed easily through the inner fender on the drivers side. The toughest part is removing the pedal in order to drill the mounting holes. I think the last one I did took around 1 hour, but I've done quite a few installs.

If you do the remote bleeder at the same time, you will need to atleast drop the exhaust and the pannel above the exhaust to gain access and even then I'm not sure how difficult it would be to install. I usually just tell people to do the bleeder when they have the tranny out, like during a clutch install.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick
I would say about 2 hrs labor would be reasonable. The rear and tranny doesn't have to come out to do it, the cylinder can be accessed easily through the inner fender on the drivers side. The toughest part is removing the pedal in order to drill the mounting holes. I think the last one I did took around 1 hour, but I've done quite a few installs.

If you do the remote bleeder at the same time, you will need to atleast drop the exhaust and the pannel above the exhaust to gain access and even then I'm not sure how difficult it would be to install. I usually just tell people to do the bleeder when they have the tranny out, like during a clutch install.
awesome thanks for answering my questions in detailed! that has helped me. I just did my spec 3+ install so I dont feel like taking it all apart again but this master will do. I just put a damn BRAND NEW GM LS6 master in there for 150 lol but as soon as I started to try and shift at the track at high rpms 6900 I would have problems but really only in 3-4. Easiest gear to hit hard became where a I hit a wall!! totally screwing up my runs.

Going to order this piece.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:36 PM
TECH Resident

Just ordered mine today and can not wait to install this I was almost at the point of putting a automatic in because of these problems..

Went to the track with the new n/a setup reving to 6800-7000 feels like I'm hitting a wall in every shift.....went down the track once 12.90 @113 and sat the rest of the day in discust.....

Thanks Tick Perf.

Last edited by quik01ss; 10-14-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Quick Reply: NEW Tick Performance Adjustable Master Cylinders NOW AVAILABLE!