Notices
Marketplace GM Performance Parts and Cars For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

De-Racifying... Never mind.. keeping it...

For Sale

2002 Pontiac Firebird

11-23-2022, 02:35 PM | Replies: 2 | Views: 2158
  • 2002 Pontiac Firebird - De-Racifying... Never mind.. keeping it... - Used - VIN z1234567890123456 - 8 cyl - 2WD - Automatic - Black - Clarksville, TN 37043, United States
TECH Regular

• Price
    $0
    • Trade
  • Location Clarksville, TN, 37043, USA
  • Condition Used
  • VIN z1234567890123456
  • Engine 8 cyl
  • Drive Type 2WD
  • Transmission Automatic
  • Exterior Color Black
Description:

Scratch that thought.. after helping a buddy with 4l80e this weekend I realize it would be cheaper and a lot fewer hours to downgrade a few suspension components and keep my car. Put some 93 in this weekend and got 22.6 mpg, not bad for hot rod... 

Getting to old for this stuff.. Before I spend the winter de-racifying and selling parts, thought I would put it out there for someone getting ready to tear their car apart. Let me save you a whole bunch of time and money.. Car is streetable with working AC and I have put a little over 1000 miles since build last winter. Just looking to go back to a 90% street car instead of the other way around.

Trade: NICE 1999-2002 LS Trans Am.. Black or Blue cars only.  Needing a little paint work ok, but interior should be nice, no rust car should be close to stock.  Looking to get $20-$25k boot depending on your car..

Sell: $40,000.. bring me cash its yours and I go shopping for a stock one...

The one prepped track I made it to last year I had trouble blowing charge pipe off.. managed to get one run at it after using a tie down to hold pipe on.. made 14psi of boost and ran 5.79 1/8th. I got out of it and still ran a 9.32 1/4 should get into 8's..  I built the car looking for 5.50's and that should be about right..

List of the bigger ticket mods on car:
- LS1 block with K1 forged internals, balanced, summit stage 3 turbo cam, 
- Adv Inductions ported 243 heads and fast 102 intake matched
- Twin Garrett GTW3884 ball bearing turbos with stainless exhaust housings, stainless case exhaust manifolds - custom mounted under the engine for better weight distribution and sleeper look
- Stage 4 4L80e - billet shafts, BTE 36 element sprag, Jakes D3 transbrake with 2nd gear leave, circle d triple disk converter, large fan cooled trans cooler in rear
- Quick performance 9", 3.73 gears, aluminum center section, 35 spline spool, MWC pro tunnel mount torque arm, DTS aluminum driveshaft, MWC ARB
- Holley mid mount accessory drive with AC
- Vintage air A/C system with Dakota climate controlller - lighter weight and cleans up under the hood
- TBM front brakes, Strange Rear brakes, Wilwood line lock, manual brake conversion
- 8 point rollbar
- Kirkey seats with Racecraft brackets and harnesses
- NRG removable steering wheel with 2 wireless buttons (currently controlling transbrake and bump), low mileage column with no slop
- Viking Crusader coilovers front and rear
- Speed Engineering stainless duals, dual exhaust cutouts - currently opened when transbrake is activated
- Holley Dominator - front and rear shock sensors, laser ride height in front, g meter, umpteen other sensors, flex fuel sensor tuned for 93 pure to e85.. take your pick but really scoots on e85.
- Holley 6.86 pro dash
- Extra set of Darkstars with 265/60 15 MT Prog drag radials. 17" with MT SS on back in picture
- Stand up radiator with 2007 Corvette PWM fan
- Twin 450 pumps in tank, 10AN feed and return
- Car currently weighs 3413  52.3% front 46.7% rear
- an a ton of stuff not listed I am sure... 

Last edited by JimTA; 11-30-2022 at 06:22 AM. Reply
Old 12-13-2022, 09:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If that's a decal on your hood, where is it from?
Old 12-14-2022, 06:17 AM
TECH Regular

Received 61 Likes on 53 Posts

It was a decal.. I used the decal as stencil to paint it on.. I think it was stripeman.com, been several years.. even at the time it was not on his website I had to send him a picture and he did it.. Think it was one he used to have...