Notices
Marketplace GM Performance Parts and Cars For Sale Classifieds. Browse new listings, post your items for sale, or list a wanted ad.

1999 Chevrolet Camaro Z28

For Sale

Old 03-27-2024, 09:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 151 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Dren
Just sign up for the marketplace on facebook and make an alias. I have the facebook only for the marketplace and no one knows I'm on it.

You'll get a ton more views on FB..
Agreed here. That is what I would do.
Old 03-27-2024, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Mint condition?! Body damage (pic #29), various paint issues and imperfections, fender flared from improper jacking, etc. If that's mint condition, how would you would describe an actual really nice one that was competition worthy? Don't get me wrong, it's not junk, but it's certainly not mint.

But I do agree; it's not 2022 anymore, prices have retreated a bit on pretty much all special interest cars. Having said that, I don't think the OP is TOO far off on his price. I'd probably ask a couple grand less to start, then be willing to negotiate down another grand or two depending on how much interest you get. Region can certainly play a role - some folks don't want to travel and getting a car shipped is costly (not to mention the risk of buying sight unseen).
context is important which I didn’t explain well.. I never do as I always try to keep the posts short.

It’s mint condition for 10k. A little dent like that is $1200 at my shop so all In @11,200.
it’s a good comparison similar year similar miles.

the OP’s Camaro has mismatched interior parts, tear in the carpet, dirty carpets, faded seat, missing bottle, disconnected wires, distasteful valve covers and the list goes on. If I was a buyer I’d offer $10k and wait for him to come back at $12k then find some middle ground.

If I were the seller I’d ask $13,500 and let someone beat me up a little and take 12,000.

No hate, it’s a fair assessment.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:30 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Finkledbody
context is important which I didn’t explain well.. I never do as I always try to keep the posts short.

It’s mint condition for 10k. A little dent like that is $1200 at my shop so all In @11,200.
it’s a good comparison similar year similar miles.

the OP’s Camaro has mismatched interior parts, tear in the carpet, dirty carpets, faded seat, missing bottle, disconnected wires, distasteful valve covers and the list goes on. If I was a buyer I’d offer $10k and wait for him to come back at $12k then find some middle ground.

If I were the seller I’d ask $13,500 and let someone beat me up a little and take 12,000.

No hate, it’s a fair assessment.
I agree with the rest of your post above, I just wouldn't ever use "mint" condition to describe anything with body damage and paint issues. It's a very overused word, and seems to be used by lots of folks to describe anything that isn't junkyard condition.

Otherwise, again, I agree with the rest of what you outlined above. Fair indeed. Although, the only mis-matched interior parts on the OP's car have to do with the aftermarket audio system (such as those lower kick panel additions), otherwise the rest is actually correct for a 1998-99 14I + 14B "Dark Gray" interior (e.g. the "two-tone" door panels are correct for this interior color, etc.).
The following users liked this post:
Dren (03-27-2024)
Old 03-27-2024, 04:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 172 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
I agree with the rest of your post above, I just wouldn't ever use "mint" condition to describe anything with body damage and paint issues. It's a very overused word, and seems to be used by lots of folks to describe anything that isn't junkyard condition.

Otherwise, again, I agree with the rest of what you outlined above. Fair indeed. Although, the only mis-matched interior parts on the OP's car have to do with the aftermarket audio system (such as those lower kick panel additions), otherwise the rest is actually correct for a 1998-99 14I + 14B "Dark Gray" interior (e.g. the "two-tone" door panels are correct for this interior color, etc.).

look against the center console where the shifter comes out. It’s the wrong color. It’s been changed, No big deal.

mint is never over used when trying take money. 😉
Old 03-27-2024, 05:16 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,748 Likes on 1,251 Posts

look against the center console where the shifter comes out. It’s the wrong color. It’s been changed, No big deal.
That didn't show up on my screen, until I increased the contrast. But yeah you are correct, looks like a later "Ebony" part. Maybe swapped out to mount the switches or maybe the ashtray lid broke at some point? The SPID indicates an original M6 car though, so it wasn't part of any trans conversion (which would be the usual reason for this).

Old 03-28-2024, 07:36 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am second owner and the guy I got it from never said anything about changing it. Now that I think about it, he did put a short throw shifter on it.
Old 06-29-2024, 03:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

__________________ttt__________________________
Old 07-21-2024, 09:54 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glws!