Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Check out our LS2 based stroker Pontiac Solstice!!! Pics and dyno video.

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2008 | 12:09 PM
FLP
LS1TECH Sponsor

Thumbs up Check out our LS2 based stroker Pontiac Solstice!!! Pics and dyno video.

A good customer of ours bought this 2006 Pontiac Solstice through the dealer where Mallet did the LS2 conversion. We made a few changes such as a T-56 from from a the Chevrolet SSR in which we made an adapter plate to use the stock shifter, a Cadillac CTS-V 3.73 rear end, a modified CTS-V driveshaft, LS7 clutch, an LS2 based stroker, and a custom fabricated mandrel bent 3 inch 304 stainless steel dual exhaust with x-pipe, polished stainless steel Vibrant "mufflers", and stainless steel 4 inch tips. This car is a beast for sure. It sounds wicked and the car shakes pretty good at idle. Next on the agenda is a different hood, front end, and to have the car painted to match the intake manifold (the new orange that is on the 2008 Solstice). So if you see this car on the road, stay away... the owner is a crazy greek and he'll run anyone that looks his way.

Dyno video

On the dyno

Engine pic
Old 10-18-2008 | 03:43 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

I remember meeting that guy when we were dyno'ing my car. He was pretty cool, a real gearhead.

Hey Mitch, send me one of those plate frames if you get a chance, the cops don't like my current one.
Old 10-18-2008 | 04:12 PM
Staging Lane

VeRy NiCe! Looks like that motor was made to be in there. Should have been an option from the factory! I really like the looks of the saturn but the powertrain just doesn't do it for me.

Do you happen to know the weight of this vehicle with that setup??
Old 10-18-2008 | 04:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

DAMN...that thing made some serious power and thats why i take my car there also
Old 10-20-2008 | 03:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

457 rwhp in a car that weighs no more than a cracker jack box........im not racing it

Quick Reply: Check out our LS2 based stroker Pontiac Solstice!!! Pics and dyno video.