Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

98 trans am ls1 wire harness & pcm same as 02 camaro ss ls1 wire harness, pcm??

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 09:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 trans am ls1 wire harness & pcm same as 02 camaro ss ls1 wire harness, pcm??

hey guys theres a guy selling a 02 camaro ss a4 as a roller with no motor, trans,wire harness and pcm , and i want to buy it! i really need a ls1

I have a complete 98 LS1/auto dropout to use in this car, I would like to just use the 98 engine harness and PCM . What do I need to do? to use the 98 harness and PCM out of my trans am in the 02 ss camaro? Will it be plug and play or will some changed be made?
i dont know if its a good idea to buy it, I dont want to have problems or waste a whole lot of money putting it back together.
please guy let me know thank u!!!!!!!!
Attached Thumbnails 98 trans am ls1 wire harness & pcm same as 02 camaro ss ls1 wire harness, pcm??-th_016-1-.jpg   98 trans am ls1 wire harness & pcm same as 02 camaro ss ls1 wire harness, pcm??-th_017-1-.jpg  
Old 01-08-2009, 09:34 PM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

That's backwards of the normal swap Anyway, maybe I can give a little help. I did my swap backwards b/c of pcm limitations. I swapped a 99+ pcm and engine harness onto my 98 car. I had to switch my sensors (not applicable in your situation) and then where the engine harness went into the car on the passenger side, I had to cut the wires and rewire them onto different connectors. Also, my fuel gauge doesn't work now since it's different.

It would probably be easier and smarter to just pick up another harness, pcm, and few sensors in the parts section and be done with it. You should be able to sell your items pretty easily too. Hope this helps
Old 01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 98CamZ28
That's backwards of the normal swap Anyway, maybe I can give a little help. I did my swap backwards b/c of pcm limitations. I swapped a 99+ pcm and engine harness onto my 98 car. I had to switch my sensors (not applicable in your situation) and then where the engine harness went into the car on the passenger side, I had to cut the wires and rewire them onto different connectors. Also, my fuel gauge doesn't work now since it's different.

It would probably be easier and smarter to just pick up another harness, pcm, and few sensors in the parts section and be done with it. You should be able to sell your items pretty easily too. Hope this helps
THANKS MAN !!!! an A4 99-02 pcm and harness will work (just plug and play)???? do u know how many sensors im going to need??
Old 01-09-2009, 12:17 PM
TECH Resident

Smile

The 99-00 harness has the EGR... 01-02 do not. Not a big deal if you get the 99-00 harness, the 01-02 PCM will still work.

BTW... what caused the fire?
Old 01-09-2009, 12:55 PM
Motorboater

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there are some differences.

98 harness will not plug into the guage cluster for an 02 for example.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I didn't know about the EGR differences so they'll be able to help more with that. As far as the sensors, you'd probably just have to do a search on it b/c I know it's out there. I switched the oil pressure sensor (then took it off for an autometer gauge), and I think the temp sensor was different. They look the same but they had different #'s of pins. Those are the only ones that I remember off the top of my head. Whatever you decide is doable, good luck

Quick Reply: 98 trans am ls1 wire harness & pcm same as 02 camaro ss ls1 wire harness, pcm??