Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Tell me about Kansas City ....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tell me about Kansas City ....

I work for a company that has a large division just outside of Kansas City. I'm getting the vibe that they may ask me to move to that division ("ask" may be too weak of a word considering I'm basically employed there now, I just physically work here). Anyway, I've been there 6 or 7 times in the last year for work. I know a little about the area, but not much. I want to know where the life is in the city. I already know that I don't like the laws and restrictions in MO so I'd probably live on the Kansas side (if their laws are more agreeable). I'm trying to figure out what might be a good area of town to live in with work being several miles north of KC and wherever the "life" happens to be in the city. Also, what do you have to do concerning your car? Emissions? Anything else I need to know about the city/states?

BTW, I hate snow.

Thanks
Old 01-12-2009, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

[QUOTE=BigE;10832835]I work for a company that has a large division just outside of Kansas City. I'm getting the vibe that they may ask me to move to that division ("ask" may be too weak of a word considering I'm basically employed there now, I just physically work here). Anyway, I've been there 6 or 7 times in the last year for work. I know a little about the area, but not much. I want to know where the life is in the city. I already know that I don't like the laws and restrictions in MO so I'd probably live on the Kansas side (if their laws are more agreeable). I'm trying to figure out what might be a good area of town to live in with work being several miles north of KC and wherever the "life" happens to be in the city. Also, what do you have to do concerning your car? Emissions? Anything else I need to know about the city/states?

BTW, I hate snow.

Alot depends on you...young married money etc. The new deal with the younger crowd is living in loft apts downtown KC. The've spent a ton of money revitalizing downtown & its real popular with the younger crowd. Lots of ladies.clubs resteraunts etc. Emmissions are a non issue.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:19 AM
TECH Regular

I'm 28, not married. The whole loft thing sounds cool, but I like having a garage. Up there in the snow and cold, I MUST have a garage. There will be no discussion on that. I hate cold weather and I really hate working in it. I'd like to be able to find a half acre or more with a little privacy (no cookie-cutter neighborhoods) and decent sized lower level garage. However, I still want to be close enough to the city such that I don't have a 45 minute drive home at 2 in the A.M.

Thanks for the reply. Keep em coming!
Old 01-13-2009, 09:23 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BigE
I'm 28, not married. The whole loft thing sounds cool, but I like having a garage. Up there in the snow and cold, I MUST have a garage. There will be no discussion on that. I hate cold weather and I really hate working in it. I'd like to be able to find a half acre or more with a little privacy (no cookie-cutter neighborhoods) and decent sized lower level garage. However, I still want to be close enough to the city such that I don't have a 45 minute drive home at 2 in the A.M.

Thanks for the reply. Keep em coming!
Those types of properties exist & there are some unbelievable opportunities for home buyers right now. Good luck man!!!!
Old 01-15-2009, 03:22 PM
TECH Regular

No one else lives in KC?
Old 01-15-2009, 03:30 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,141 Likes on 741 Posts

Moderator dlove does, pm him.
Old 01-18-2009, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kcmags
Those types of properties exist & there are some unbelievable opportunities for home buyers right now. Good luck man!!!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^
What HE said!

Dude, there are some SERIOUS deals on houses in the greater KC area right now....and there's a LSx contigent of racers growing rapidly around here that race at the local track (KCIR) on a regular basis.

Quick Reply: Tell me about Kansas City ....