Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Iowa Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thefreakz28
Well lt1forever looks like if i was you i would be having a talk with your mechanic cause a couple weeks ago my stock ls1 with a few free mods, air lid, exhaust, and tuner beat your 383 stroker. So to everyone that believes all the cars in ottumwa are fart cans then i'll get some of the guys gathered up to race on the street or eddyville. Yes there are a hell of a lot of POS hondas fart cans around but theres still faster cars than you think. Not hating on anyone just throwing out the facts.
+1, Not all of us drive p.o.s. ricers with fart cans......
Old 04-28-2009, 07:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well lt1forever looks like if i was you i would be having a talk with your mechanic cause a couple weeks ago my stock ls1 with a few free mods, air lid, exhaust, and tuner beat your 383 stroker. So to everyone that believes all the cars in ottumwa are fart cans then i'll get some of the guys gathered up to race on the street or eddyville. Yes there are a hell of a lot of POS hondas fart cans around but theres still faster cars than you think. Not hating on anyone just throwing out the facts.
I come down to Ottumwa about twice a month I'll bring the Z down
Crappy thing is I got pulled over couple months ago in the GTP for doing 60 in a 35 along 63 on the north side of town dang speed limit
Old 04-29-2009, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

lol...spring is here and so are the street racing ego's. A little grudge racing always makes the summer more exciting
Old 04-30-2009, 03:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'll take all of you -_-
Old 04-30-2009, 06:14 PM
On The Tree

Your right.. you beat my stroker from a dig. Granted I spun most of the way through 1st but yes you still beat me. We then ran from a 65 roll and IMO looked even till I moronically missed 5th gear. Not to mention I was intinctively shifting around 5500rpms since I havent had the car back that long(1700 miles on new motor). Thats well short of my 6500 redline. Call it an excuse if you want. But when we met back up I remember asking you if you wanted to run from a roll again and you just happened to be low on gas. It also seemed like your friend did most of the talking about your car etc, while you were practically silent the whole time.

And what is not true about what I said about Ottumwa's selection of cars? You can practically count the number of nice F-Bodys driving around in Ottumwa on 1 hand compared to the dozens of loud ricers. Granted theres an occasional nice/fast car rolling around. And probably a few very nice Drag cars that just sit in the garage most of the year. But I dont ever recall saying that EVERY car in town was either Slow or a rice burner. All I said was that there are alot of ridiculous rice burners rolling around town. I highly doubt many people on this board even know of Ottumwa let alone what cars are here.

I'll do as you say and "have a chat with my mechanic" FYI I'd be interested in a possible rematch this summer, unless your still low on gas. No hating on anyone... just stating the facts.

Last edited by LT1forever; 04-30-2009 at 09:52 PM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I say we all get together one night at eddyville and beat up on the loud annoying ricers..... That's if you LS engine guys can stand a pretty much stock LT1
Old 04-30-2009, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

Next friday night the 8th I'll be at eddyville with a couple buddies, weather permitting
Old 04-30-2009, 11:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have to work all weekend and prom........ but the weather don't look to promising anyway and I don't have the car ready yet. Still have to change fluids, install EWP, and install new header gaskets. I have no clue what it's going to do since a switch to a 26x10.5-15 ET street from a 28x10.5-15 ET drag.
Old 04-30-2009, 11:47 PM
On The Tree

I've heard its supposed to be wet and shitty up to the 9th of May.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:03 AM
Teching In

first of all you told me that you just got the motor in not too long ago and your mechanic told you not to race. if the motor has 1700 miles on it that is more than enough to run it wide open all the way. when we raced from a dig i spun through half of 2nd. i'm looking forward to running you again, that is if you can keep your dampener on.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

first of all you told me that you just got the motor in not too long ago and your mechanic told you not to race. if the motor has 1700 miles on it that is more than enough to run it wide open all the way. when we raced from a dig i spun through half of 2nd. i'm looking forward to running you again, that is if you can keep your dampener on.
Just take it to the track and settle it. No complaining that way. I got some slicks for sale
Old 05-01-2009, 10:15 AM
On The Tree

So my mechanic told me not to race? That makes sense, I cant really recall saying that either.... but if you say so! I just had new pushrods put in and literally had the car back for 2 days prior to our 2 runs. So it is what it is I'll run it wide open next time. Honestly I'm not a huge fan of the ego stroking either. Their just cars... I just like to have a good time dude Big deal. I was just looking for a few friendly runs with a fellow F-Body since there are so few around here. The drama involved with street racing is just un neccasary. This thread has been open for a while now and just out of the blue the TheFreakZ28 posts his awesome kill... We got 2 crappy runs in man, 3 if you count the time you didnt hear my horn. You beat a stock headed mild cammed 383 thats making somewhere in the neighborhood of bolton LT1 rwhp. Um Congrats if your really that excited about it I guess. Just goes to show you anything can happen on the streets. Not trying to stir **** but why didnt you just go to the gas station if you were low?
Old 05-01-2009, 11:03 AM
11 Second Club

Don't let your ego get to big with a bolt-on LS1 cause its gonna get hurt real quick when you start talking crap.

Just have fun on here, and don't let things get personal.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:06 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Camaro Z
Don't let your ego get to big with a bolt-on LS1 cause its gonna get hurt real quick when you start talking crap.

Just have fun on here, and don't let things get personal.
Good point Z. It can all turn into a pissing contest pretty quickly. Which is pointless, but non the less It just kind of irks me to have something totally off topic burst into the thread. Makes me want to mod some more!

Last edited by LT1forever; 05-01-2009 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Launching!

Head over to the track in Council bluffs and i/ll give you all the BRONCO SMACK!! haha j/k, im picking up 1997 ss next week if any of you are farther west??? about time i get another f-body
Old 05-01-2009, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

hey, i wanna play too!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
10 Second Club

Received 372 Likes on 272 Posts

It's all good guys...lol...just save some for the imports and mustangs. Since I've pretty much quit racing and just been a spectator I've noticed mustangs have been ruling the roost down at Eddyville lately.

When is someone with an ls1 gonna step up and take on some cobra's around here? Only a couple people I know personally that race alot and can do it are unstang and sjones99.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:40 PM
Teching In

well you just get your car back on the street or at eddyville and well see what happens.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
On The Tree

well you just get your car back on the street or at eddyville and well see what happens.
Sounds good. Is 94 drag bird the other car that was going to come out to RJs? Just wondering
Old 05-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LT1forever
Sounds good. Is 94 drag bird the other car that was going to come out to RJs? Just wondering
no another f-body

Quick Reply: Iowa Cruise