Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone a lawyer or know Illinois Labor laws??

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2009 | 07:32 PM
On The Tree

Default Anyone a lawyer or know Illinois Labor laws??

Two things,

One, Is there a minimun amount of time required from the time you finish work until the time you start working again.

Two, I am suppose to get paid on a specific date and I am consistanly getting paid 3-4 days late. Anything I can do??

Thanks guys
Old 02-17-2009 | 10:24 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Seriously?
8 seconds on google got me this;
http://www.state.il.us/agency/idol/laws/laws.HTM

might want to look into the one day rest law
Old 02-17-2009 | 10:26 AM
TECH Addict

The first question relates to the "One day rest in Seven Act" (820 ILCS 140/1-9) While there is not really a specific time of "off, to back to work", there must be at least 1 consectutive 24 hour period between work days (this is if you are scheduled to work 7 days a week), or have at least one day off a week. So they can have you off at 8pm, and back hours later. As long as you are getting one day off per week, or getting a consecutive 24 hours between shifts if working 7 days a week....

The second is called "Constructive Payment", its an IRS rule that considers wages to have been paid to an employee when the employee has access to the wages without substantial limitations or restrictions. If your payday is Fridays, and they are not making your funds available to you unitl days later,,there is a BIG problem. If they are making the wages available to you, but your not getting them (i.e. your not picking it up on paydays, etc.) then they are not at fault. If they are mailing your check, and your not able to get it until it comes in the mail, that is a breach of Constructive Payment.

Your questions and concerns can be answered by your local DOL (Dept of Labor)
Old 02-17-2009 | 11:11 AM
On The Tree

Hey Yak, thanks for the website, however i read that before writing this post and it did not answer it, hence the reason i posted the question. I read the "one day rest in Seven act' and I didnt see anything about minimum amount of time off. If I work from 10am to 4am can they schedule me to start working at 6am(two hours after i left). Bad Blue WS6, thanks for the ino on the Constructive Payment, Im checking it out right now.
Old 02-17-2009 | 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

your welcome.
They can schedule you hours later, as long as your getting a full day off somewhere within the week. If you are working 7 days a week, then they have to give you at least 1 period of 24 consecutive hours between shifts.This info is on page 1, (140/2) Tweny-four consecutive hours of rest every week..Lunch (20 min is mandatory) always needs to be within the first 5 hours worked if working 7.50 hours or more.
Old 02-23-2009 | 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

If you are reffering to getting off say tuesday you have to off for 8 hours before being scheduled for the next day.So if you get of 2am tuesday morning you cant be scheduled until at lest 10am tuesday.

Quick Reply: Anyone a lawyer or know Illinois Labor laws??