Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Speed Inc OPEN HOUSE MAY 2, 2009!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 03:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ill be at hooters with the Z
Old 05-01-2009, 02:14 AM
On The Tree

Don't forget to put your front plates on + close up those cutouts
Old 05-01-2009, 01:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Should be a blast like always. Hundreds of cars show up!
Old 05-02-2009, 10:56 AM
duh
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just to inform you guys, even though most are there already, the reasons the police hammer down is the large crowd in close proximity to the cars. If someone were to loose control and end up hitting someone else standing there watching, Speed's insurance surely isn't going to pick up the tab, even though it's their event. And the driver's insurance will probably drop them for such an incident, and put up a huge fight, sue Speed, etc. Then it becomes the police's concern. And the one thing I've learned is that if you make their life easy, they will make you life easy.....it's "if I rub your back, you rub my back" type of deal. So keep it short concise, and keep your vehicle under control at all times and you probably won't have to many issues....
Old 05-02-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

THanks to Speed Inc, for what is always a GREAT OPEN house and great display of awesome shop and customers cars and pizza and drinks.

Nice talking to Jim Moran about his bad *** twin turbo C6Z and seeing Larry with his magazine famous 10 second LT1 F-body. Did not see the owner Tom Izzo, but Tommy, your blue COPO looking 69 Camaro wih the LS7 motor in it is AWESOME.

Too bad that the first guests to arrive was the Schamburg PD who greeted everyone who arrived in the area of Speed Inc. with a force of about 10 marked and unmarke police cars, and even the Cook County Sherriff, (they were all there by 9AM, and stole away the funnest part of show that everyone has come to LOVE over the last 8 years or so (therefore not one burnout was had)!

I was worried the Police might shut down the entire burnout show this year and that is exactly what happened, and obviously they followed this outing like a Hawk, even though Barney Fife would have known about it as it was posted all over the internet and know way to avoid that.

As far as the burnouts, launching, and smoke show, all good things like this come to an end, and having made this event every year for the last 8 or 9 years, at least I got to enjoy the smoke show in years past (that everyone so much enjoyed but obviously was not safe enough and too big of a liablity for those involved)!

Last edited by Chicago Crew UnderBoss; 05-02-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:54 PM
On The Tree

Just got home from the open house...190 mile drive..

It was pretty awesome to see all the cars there, and the police were everywhere...Even on streets to and from Speed inc, just watching. They even had a few at the hooters by Woodfield watching us...

Will put some pictures up later, getting all the bugs off my car...

Thanks

Don
Old 05-02-2009, 07:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cool, I was going to ask if anyone had any pics because my camera batteries were dead this morning

I was the green C5 behind you on the way to Speed.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:15 PM
On The Tree

I actually have one of you....I put some of them up on my motortopia garage "donman"...

Will try and get some up later....heading out to meets some friends and down a couple..

I felt bad you got stuck at that one light, but you were able to catch up no problem :-)

Don
Old 05-02-2009, 07:19 PM
Teching In

I was the Bright Green TA with the Green C5 (though I got ahead of him in the caravan)
Old 05-02-2009, 07:24 PM
11 Second Club

on the bright side, I didn't see them give out 1 ticket for no front plate, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc...

So that was pretty cool of them
Old 05-02-2009, 07:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by donman
I actually have one of you....I put some of them up on my motortopia garage "donman"...

Will try and get some up later....heading out to meets some friends and down a couple..

I felt bad you got stuck at that one light, but you were able to catch up no problem :-)

Don
Nice pics!
Old 05-02-2009, 07:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don
Cool! Yeah.. I saw you debating going or not, and I was paying more attention to what you were going to do than figuring out what I was going to do. Figured it gave me a reason to run the car out a bit

Originally Posted by 4bangermustang
on the bright side, I didn't see them give out 1 ticket for no front plate, tinted windows, loud exhaust, etc...

So that was pretty cool of them
Yeah, and the one officer okay'ed all of us to park on the street that for permitted cars only. They did a good job just letting everyone know they were there, and keeping everyone honest without really affecting anything. to them!
Old 05-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Launching!

. THANKS SPEED! (again)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always a nice bunch but a little toned down this time....

Larry--- You guys rock.

It will be interesting to go to the AMS open house tomorrow... (today,now)...
This will be my first AMS open house...

I just bought a REALLY CHEAP EVO Friday and need a few things...

I wonder if they do burnouts?!? lol

I'll let you know....
Old 05-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Staging Lane

anyone see me pulled over on irving park dr? i rearended someone, just tapped but enough to ruin the trip lol
Old 05-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Banned

thanks to everyone who came out

We had a really nice day to enjoy a good crowd. The police where super cool and did not bother anyone to my knowledge. The did not even push anyone out of the streets for hanging out or anything. They where against the burnouts due to some getting way out of control over the last 2 years and they got what they wanted...safety for everyone.

I do agree it's cool to watch and all, but we can still have a good day off hanging out, music, pizza, cars etc without burnouts and it's exactly what happened yesterday.

thanks again everyone who came out and we appreciate the support to continue on year after year
Old 05-03-2009, 08:38 PM
On The Tree

Great time for sure! but where is the pics!?? i saw a ton of people video taping and tons of pics but no thread has been made for this!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FasstWS6
Great time for sure! but where is the pics!?? i saw a ton of people video taping and tons of pics but no thread has been made for this!
Pictures!!!
Old 05-03-2009, 09:26 PM
On The Tree

I am going to start a new thread in the Midwest section...Maybe we can get some pic's in there..

Don
Old 05-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Teching In

I am going to start a new thread in the Midwest section...Maybe we can get some pic's in there..

Don
Good deal!
Old 05-03-2009, 10:06 PM
TECH Regular

We made it as well, 611.8 miles round trip........ we were super disapointed not seeing all the muscle not getting to show it off in the burnouts and other crazy stuff thanks to the 50 million cops that were there, but overall saw lots of killer cars, saw the shop, bought a couple of T-shirts, and met Bryan but not Larry, he was busy the entire time lol - anyway looking forward to receiving my order and having you guys tune my car next spring when its all done!

Quick Reply: Speed Inc OPEN HOUSE MAY 2, 2009!!!!!!!!!