Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Tell me if this has happened to anyone else

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2009 | 09:51 AM
11 Second Club

Default Tell me if this has happened to anyone else

So I was at the track, and my car was running fine, no problems. Then, for some reason, on one of my runs something happened. I was at about 65ish mph getting ready to shift into third and when I do, my car decides to say OH I'M GOING TO GO INTO REVERSE!!! my reverse lights came on and everything. Lucky for me it didn't actually engage the gears. This isn't the first time it has happened but either way it's not good. Anyways, after that run I noticed that my security light came on. I didn't think anything of it and just ran my next race. During that race the car did horrible and wouldn't even shift properly. At the end of the run (as I was coming back from the end of the track) the car was running like ****. It acted like it was missing out on like 5 cylinders and when I hit the gas at all it just about died. I had to coast it in (barely) and park it. After letting it site for about a half hour I had noticed that the security light was no longer on. I started the car and it ran fine. I drove it all the way back home (85ish miles) with out any problems and to this day it is still fine. Any ideas on what happened?
Old 05-17-2009 | 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Any one have any ideas?
Old 05-20-2009 | 03:56 PM
Teching In

all 4 of my ws6's did the same thing...it gets wedged between 3-5 and for some reason throws the reverse lights on....one of mine was so bad it took two hands to pop it out......you must have a stock shifter....B&M will stop that from hapening
Old 05-20-2009 | 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Well it never happened until I got my transmission worked on. and now it does it more often than I like lol. The shifter is a short shift. I'm not sure which brand and not sure if stock lol. But i don't think it is. I'm thinking about swapping it out any way. I guess this just gives me an excuse to lol. Thanks