Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Hey bloomington il peeps

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Hey bloomington il peeps

Hey anyone down to go cruising around Saturday night? I get my car back and really want to go driving around. let me know and we can set something up!
Old 05-27-2009, 12:53 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got the car back up and going this week. I'll be out and about in Peoria and might hit up the centralstreetscene.org Midstate dragway event. I just have to get the nitrous buttoned up since I took everything off to rewire and replumb. Shouldn't take to long to do tho.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

lol,, i wish man.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bad Blue WS6
lol,, i wish man.
What have you done now?

I'm out for Saturday. Waiting on a tune. Mine isn't running very smooth at the moment.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Are you guys going to make me kill some imports by myself
Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Addict

What have you done now?
i know man,, i dont get a break, but at least ill have a practiclly brand new car someday when im done.....something under my car sounds like a freakin rock polishing machine,,,,still the same damn issues ive been fighten for a YEAR now. but DAMN do i have alot of new parts!!!!!,,,hopefully soon i can replace the right ones. (clutch is next up on the to-do list, and if im still broke,,,i gotta tear in to the tranny)

And the super sad part is,,,,,,, i dont even beat on this car.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i know man,, i dont get a break, but at least ill have a practiclly brand new car someday when im done.....something under my car sounds like a freakin rock polishing machine,,,,still the same damn issues ive been fighten for a YEAR now. but DAMN do i have alot of new parts!!!!!,,,hopefully soon i can replace the right ones. (clutch is next up on the to-do list, and if im still broke,,,i gotta tear in to the tranny)

And the super sad part is,,,,,,, i dont even beat on this car.
Is this the same issue that began with the new rear end?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

yep,,, BUT the good news is the rear end i put in is fine, i set it up fine, all that good stuff.
Whats got me baffled is any turn results in some aweful noise & crappy vibrations at 1800 rpms and beyond, i have chased this over the course of a year, thinking that it was my rear (first time i ever did a rear & full suspension install) but ive had it checked out twice by differnent folks and it passes with flying colors. So i did good there, just wish i could do good at finding out what the hell is up. Ive been told its my clutch, but i just dont get how it could grind when i turn, and still drive great any other time. I do have issues with high RPM shifting, (i already have new hyros) so thats where im at. Same place i was a year ago, except now i have new tires, brakes, suspension pieces, etc.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:27 PM
10 Second Club

Where are these imports at?
Old 05-27-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Bad Blue thats sounds like a pain to find even more so you have done what I think would be obvious.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

yep, bet ive jacked my car up more than ive drove it this past year. Every nut bolt gone over more than once,, just very frustrating,, oh and i quit smoking too,,,,, :b ang:
so you can just imagine how cheery and fun i am to be around.
my poor wife
Old 05-27-2009, 04:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

yep,,, BUT the good news is the rear end i put in is fine, i set it up fine, all that good stuff.
Whats got me baffled is any turn results in some aweful noise & crappy vibrations at 1800 rpms and beyond, i have chased this over the course of a year, thinking that it was my rear (first time i ever did a rear & full suspension install) but ive had it checked out twice by differnent folks and it passes with flying colors. So i did good there, just wish i could do good at finding out what the hell is up. Ive been told its my clutch, but i just dont get how it could grind when i turn, and still drive great any other time. I do have issues with high RPM shifting, (i already have new hyros) so thats where im at. Same place i was a year ago, except now i have new tires, brakes, suspension pieces, etc.
What differential are you running? If it only does it in turns, it almost has to be something to do with the carrier. I would be willing to give it a listen if you are looking for help. I know my torsen unit that crapped out in my stock 10 bolt sounded like a bunch of rocks being tumbled whenever I made a turn.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:01 PM
TECH Addict

its an Eaton Posi (Moser 12 bolt, 4:10's)

that was my original thought as well,, i did replace all the bearings but sounded like ....

1. the carrier was not shimmed tight enough
2. the carrier bearing race was not sitting right and floppin around
3. the pinion / ring gear mesh was not set right

all those came back ok. Clutch packs in the Eaton Posi all look ok, backlash and such was all good, etc. Eric V at Midwest chassis even took the carrier apart and all looked normal to him

Im going to take it to Didleys in Metamora, they do alot of hot rod builds and such,, and they are related to my wife's family,,,,the dealerships are not really helping me much with the Moser, so not 100% sure i can trust them on it

Man id love th ehelp, but cant drive it to far from home (i live in Germantown Hills) so if your close by at some point, i can let you take a listen. I will PM you my phone #
Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

its an Eaton Posi (Moser 12 bolt, 4:10's)

that was my original thought as well,, i did replace all the bearings but sounded like ....

1. the carrier was not shimmed tight enough
2. the carrier bearing race was not sitting right and floppin around
3. the pinion / ring gear mesh was not set right

all those came back ok. Clutch packs in the Eaton Posi all look ok, backlash and such was all good, etc. Eric V at Midwest chassis even took the carrier apart and all looked normal to him

Im going to take it to Didleys in Metamora, they do alot of hot rod builds and such,, and they are related to my wife's family,,,,the dealerships are not really helping me much with the Moser, so not 100% sure i can trust them on it

Man id love th ehelp, but cant drive it to far from home (i live in Germantown Hills) so if your close by at some point, i can let you take a listen. I will PM you my phone #
Did you ever take Eric for a ride or did he just take a look at the carrier?
Old 05-27-2009, 06:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by pddye
Where are these imports at?

Man we have ton of imports running around this town. They always meet up and go drive. Would be nice to have a clan of f bodys and vette's
Old 05-28-2009, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

Did you ever take Eric for a ride or did he just take a look at the carrier?
nope, i brought him the whole rearend (this was after i had already installed it once) and he tore the whole thing apart, carrier too. I did think about calling him to see if he's got a few to do that though.
Green Chevy just had it opened up on Tuesday 5/26, and all looked well,,, to them anyways. They think its my clutch or tranny, and the feeling / sound is traveling down my TA. it does feel like maybe its there (right below the shifter area) but not100% sure. Need others with ex to give me some opinions before i go dropping the tranny. As mentioned, id be happy to find out its my clutch, replace it and move on, but like everything else ive tried,,ive only spent money on stuff that isnt fixing anything.... and after a whole year of it, im pretty frustrated, and my wifes about to kill me.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the hijack guys so back to the cruise ...
Old 05-28-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

You should thank us for keeping it alive.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Your right
Old 05-29-2009, 10:10 AM
10 Second Club

I've got the car out and ready to roll. I just don't think it would be worth driving all the way to bloomington.

Quick Reply: Hey bloomington il peeps