Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Just got home from MONTEREY!!!!! A++

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2009 | 04:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Default Just got home from MONTEREY!!!!! A++

Wow, what a beautiful place. I've been wanting to check it out down there for a few years. I live in Sacramento. I frequent southern California, but every time im driving that way i always wondered what Monterey was like. I've been up and down California, i was born and raised here. I love southern cali beaches and ocean side, i like northern cali like Fort Bragg area but i think its a waste to have so much ocean, and not be able to surf. So as the midpoint more or less, i was curious about Monterey. Weird, its mid way and also such a blend between the two, mid way in a sense if you will. Cool weather like fort bragg, and some vert fort bragg-esqu beaches and areas, but also has that So-Cal type of vibe and beaches like youd see down there. I think i want to live there soon. I only had one day to explore so i didnt see a whole lot. I got to the Aquarium and ima huge fish nut so i headed there first and was my main reason for going. LOVED it. I hit up the Wharf/Groto. Headed up 17 mile drive. Went to downtown. I wish i would have taken my WS6 there are so many great spots for photos. Any of you guys from there? Could you tell me where i need to go next time im there? Whats the best beach for surfing/swimming/skimming? And how do i get there from highway 1?