Old 08-18-2009, 01:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with you torch. Black em out !!!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:28 PM
TECH Resident

yea...im with torched too.. i literally got back from the tint shop
Attached Thumbnails Update of Illinois Tinted Windows!!!!!! 6/28-003.jpg   Update of Illinois Tinted Windows!!!!!! 6/28-002.jpg  
Old 08-25-2009, 06:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Updates?
Old 08-25-2009, 10:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Put it this way guys, I am chicago p.d and if you guys have tints and I mean anyone has tints they get a ticket. IF we cant see in your car, you are getting a ticket. If your tints are able to let us see in without any problems you may or may not get off the hook.. If and only if your nice and I mean very pleasant person to deal with and you have tints, you will 95% of time get away with a slap on the wrist, no tickets or fines. Also any new car such as 05 and later are the only cars getting away with tints but only very high end luxury cars came with them from the factory. But even those people had their tints removed in the streets. IMO, just be pleasant and roll down both windows and dont give them **** about their job.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate Illinois *****!

Old 08-26-2009, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

it's damn near impossible to make left turns at 2 ams in blizzards with 5% tints...

i'm thinking about tinting my sideview mirrors lol is that legal? i'm tired of a-holes blinding me.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:28 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
Put it this way guys, I am chicago p.d and if you guys have tints and I mean anyone has tints they get a ticket. IF we cant see in your car, you are getting a ticket. If your tints are able to let us see in without any problems you may or may not get off the hook.. If and only if your nice and I mean very pleasant person to deal with and you have tints, you will 95% of time get away with a slap on the wrist, no tickets or fines. Also any new car such as 05 and later are the only cars getting away with tints but only very high end luxury cars came with them from the factory. But even those people had their tints removed in the streets. IMO, just be pleasant and roll down both windows and dont give them **** about their job.
but if its made legal in the state of illinois how can you give a ticket? doesnt make any sense...
Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by robsquikz28
Originally Posted by dontmeSS
but if its made legal in the state of illinois how can you give a ticket? doesnt make any sense...
You can't.... The Illinois Vehicle Code (Chapter 11 specifically) allows Chicago to adopt ordinances in regards to the movement of vehicles and rules of the road. However, tinting is not a moving ordinance but an equipment ordinance (Chapter 12 of the Illinois Vehicle Code) thus Chicago is not exempt from the law. This information came from the Illinois State Police.

BUT today the Governor updated the language of the bill to make it strictly 50%
Old 08-26-2009, 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did u get that info Schultz with a Z!?
Old 08-26-2009, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

thats bull **** i checked the site last night at 10pm and there was no change. They back dated the ****! Yesterday was 60 days, there trying to pull a fast one on us guys.

Offical bill is here