Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Looking for tuner in Indianapolis

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009 | 02:35 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool thanks guys, I found a local memeber who is gonna pull the couple codes out for me so i can get the car running, then i will send the owner out to get it tuned. I may be taking my car to Chad once I put a cam in.
Old 09-19-2009 | 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by purdueranger
When I got my car dynoed at PDT, it read low about 20HP. maybe he wanted me to get my car retuned by him.
Originally Posted by spray_goat
o yea i forgot he opted for the adjustability feature on his dyno.
I watched him dyno, tune, and dyno my car again, he didn't change anything in the dyno settings the whole time and I saw almost a 20whp/wtq gain over my previous tune. The dyno does read high though, but it's just a tuning tool!
Old 11-14-2010 | 07:31 PM
Teching In

digging this thread back up because I am doing a cam swap on my car this winter and am going to need a good tune. I cant find Green Light Motorsports anymore there web page is no longer there.
Old 11-14-2010 | 08:14 PM
Launching!

Mike motorsports ftw!
Old 11-14-2010 | 08:24 PM
Teching In

where is mike motorsports?
Old 11-14-2010 | 10:56 PM
Staging Lane

It is mike norris motorsports up on 96th and hague I believe. I just remember it is close to the shane co. lol. Also, I know a guy who tunes really well up in lafayette, he stayed up til 4 in the morning to finish one of my friends cars so that he could make it to a dyno day the next day. He doesn't run a shop but he is a stand up guy that knows his ****.

Last edited by DaytonaFIC6; 11-14-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2010 | 11:42 PM
10 Second Club

Joe6.0 Is that the guy Daytona??
I've heard alot about him lately. Came highly recomended to me as well.

As for a shop, and someone who does an amazing job. Mike Norris Is very good and very knowledgeable. Not to mention, 1 of the nicest guys I have ever had the chance to do business with. He does have a dyno, so you'll get first hand dyno results before and after.

As for Chad, He is no longer tuning cars' It came to a point in his life that it bcame too much so he quit tuning!
*Makes me sad.
He's a VERY.... DAMN GOOD TUNER!

James
Old 11-15-2010 | 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Joe6.0 Is that the guy Daytona??
I've heard alot about him lately. Came highly recomended to me as well.

As for a shop, and someone who does an amazing job. Mike Norris Is very good and very knowledgeable. Not to mention, 1 of the nicest guys I have ever had the chance to do business with. He does have a dyno, so you'll get first hand dyno results before and after.

As for Chad, He is no longer tuning cars' It came to a point in his life that it bcame too much so he quit tuning!
*Makes me sad.
He's a VERY.... DAMN GOOD TUNER!

James
Yep that is him. He could damn near run a shop out of his garage though, I think he has any tool/machine you can think of.
Old 11-15-2010 | 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Hell yeah man.... Thats badass!
I've heard he is better at doing NA tunes, and he's still good with FI Tuning too, But that Mike Norris is a little better at FI Tuning than him. Any input on that?
I know he has done both though, at least from what I hear!
I've met him 1 time when he was talking to my brother about tuning his 05 GTO, but it had a locked pcm, and he had to send it back to Vector to get it unlocked.

Last edited by LT1Formula007; 11-15-2010 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010 | 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Mike norris does some great work and will work on the car till it is done rite and will help you in whatever questions u have when u need help. Very nice guy as well.
Old 11-15-2010 | 04:07 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by transam19
Mike norris does some great work and will work on the car till it is done rite and will help you in whatever questions u have when u need help. Very nice guy as well.
^^^ I totally agree with that statement! I have dealt with him personally, and he is very nice, answers all of your questions, and knows what he is doing. A+ Guy in my Book!

-JAMES
Old 11-15-2010 | 09:57 PM
Staging Lane

James I don't know from experience how well he tunes on each setup, he didnt tune my car but I can tell you he is capable of doing all types of setups, he is an engineer he is a genius lol. I just know him from IGH and everyone that has had him tune their car has always had a good experience with him.
Old 11-15-2010 | 10:24 PM
Teching In

sweet thanks guys. looks like i will be going to Mike after i get my car back together.
Old 11-15-2010 | 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thats cool Dustin... Just wondered. I've heard good as well!
Old 11-16-2010 | 11:45 AM
Teching In

well i would have to say u got to be chad rose buddy. i was refured to him three years ago left alot of message with not one reply . took my car to speed inc . great tuners and good guys . then i swaped 6.0 in my car again i call chad because he close got set up with him he tuned my car . now the bad i took my car to the track with 6.0 on old tune from speed inc 12.2 109mph after chads tune next time out was pinks all out best pass 12.6 107mph called him he said had other problems change o2 sensors mass air tried soome other little stuff noting help best car ever went on chads tune was 12.5 had joe tune it sorry dont no joes last name but he tuned alot of gto and f body from indy he is from laf only change was tuned for e85 every thing else was same car went 11.9 113mph chad new i was unhappy could not even offer to re check tune to c if any thing was wrong im not saying he not good just saying it coast me six hundred buck in tune and the parts we changed on my car and my car was two tenths slower then after he tuned it
Old 11-16-2010 | 11:51 AM
Teching In

well i would have to say u got to be chad rose buddy. i was refured to him three years ago left alot of message with not one reply . took my car to speed inc . great tuners and good guys . then i swaped 6.0 in my car again i call chad because he close got set up with him he tuned my car . now the bad i took my car to the track with 6.0 on old tune from speed inc 12.2 109mph after chads tune next time out was pinks all out best pass 12.6 107mph called him he said had other problems change o2 sensors mass air tried soome other little stuff noting help best car ever went on chads tune was 12.5 had joe tune it sorry dont no joes last name but he tuned alot of gto and f body from indy he is from laf only change was tuned for e85 every thing else was same car went 11.9 113mph chad new i was unhappy could not even offer to re check tune to c if any thing was wrong im not saying he not good just saying it coast me six hundred buck in tune and the parts we changed on my car and my car was two tenths slower after he tuned it best of luck on your tune
Old 11-16-2010 | 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaytonaFIC6
It is mike norris motorsports up on 96th and hague I believe. I just remember it is close to the shane co. lol. Also, I know a guy who tunes really well up in lafayette, he stayed up til 4 in the morning to finish one of my friends cars so that he could make it to a dyno day the next day. He doesn't run a shop but he is a stand up guy that knows his ****.
He's actually just south of 96th off of Bash. I've driven past his place a couple times, just to see how busy it looks, although I've never stopped in. I live roughly 2 miles from the location.
Old 11-16-2010 | 10:41 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 123clemans
well i would have to say u got to be chad rose buddy. i was refured to him three years ago left alot of message with not one reply . took my car to speed inc . great tuners and good guys . then i swaped 6.0 in my car again i call chad because he close got set up with him he tuned my car . now the bad i took my car to the track with 6.0 on old tune from speed inc 12.2 109mph after chads tune next time out was pinks all out best pass 12.6 107mph called him he said had other problems change o2 sensors mass air tried soome other little stuff noting help best car ever went on chads tune was 12.5 had joe tune it sorry dont no joes last name but he tuned alot of gto and f body from indy he is from laf only change was tuned for e85 every thing else was same car went 11.9 113mph chad new i was unhappy could not even offer to re check tune to c if any thing was wrong im not saying he not good just saying it coast me six hundred buck in tune and the parts we changed on my car and my car was two tenths slower after he tuned it best of luck on your tune
Wow! Well I do know that from personal experience with him he is an amazing tuner and at least has the capabilities to tune anything you put in front of him. He is hard to get ahold of, I'll give you that. As for being his buddy, No I was just another customer. I did strike a friendship based on his tuning with him. He was very friendly, but not like we hung out or even talk today. if i could get ahold of him myself, I would go back to him in a heart beat. just my personal oppinion! He tuned my car and it went 10.993 at 125.62 in the 1/4 and had more left in it. (driver error) and streetability is AMAZING with his tune! I had a very bad cold start and a few small surge issues at first, but contacted him and he said to bring it up and leave it and he'd get it right. I left it with him for a few days and he worked out the bugs, and WOW is all I have to say. It was night and day difference thats for sure... I even tipped him b/c I was soooo impressed with it.
But I do know there towards the end he had a few cars' that had some tuning issues and some were his fault I'm sure, but not all of them.
Also, he was just fed up with tuning, and i'm sure he just didn't put forth the effort as much to tune them either. But not saying thats right b/c if your paying for it, it should be right. But it is what it is. Hopefully nobody takes my post offensive, thats not what I am trying to do. (offend anyone) Just stating personal experiences with Chad. He's a great guy and damn good tuner IMHO!

James
Old 11-17-2010 | 09:32 AM
TECH Regular

i was one of the said cars james is talking about.. if chad came back in the game id probably give him another shot. like three weeks after my car got tuned i heard he was quitting, going through a divorce, going back to school. all kinds of things. not sure whats true and what not. but ive rode in cars he tuned a while back and they were way more "street" happy than mine is right now. everyone makes mistakes, its how they fix them after. no matter what no one tuner can get every single car right the 1st, second, or maybe even third time
Old 11-17-2010 | 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

i second third and fourth the motion for joe, he's a hell of guy, and loves his work, and done an incredible job.

Quick Reply: Looking for tuner in Indianapolis