Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Central Indiana Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Indiana Tuning

Hey guys, I just installed headers, ORY on my 96 LT1. It isn't running as well as it should...was wanting to get it dyno tuned. I live on the west side of Indianapolis. Anyone know of a good place that does dyno tuning?
Old 07-16-2009, 10:47 PM
MJD
12 Second Club

http://www.prodynotech.com/index.html
Old 07-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Teching In

from personal experience id say stay away from Pro Dynotech, but Chad At Greenlight motorsports is very good and also ive heard good things about modern muscle and speed inc.
Old 07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by gable2000ta
from personal experience id say stay away from Pro Dynotech, but Chad At Greenlight motorsports is very good and also ive heard good things about modern muscle and speed inc.
Would you mind giving more detail about the issue you have with PDT?

I was planning on taking my car there to get a Dyno tune and some exhaust work, among other things.

It seems all of the places that always get highly recommended are quite a distance away.

I have yet to really get out and explore since moving here, so I am trying to gather as much knowledge as possible about the different shops.
Old 07-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Teching In

well they play with their dyno to make it seem like you gain unbelievable amount of power from THEM doing the work over a different shop, after i had payed to get on the dyno there my graphs had a huge tq spike and they would not redo the pulls and kept saying it wasn't a tq spike( it was obviously one.) Also there turn around time for installs isn't great, they're priced on the high side. One guy i know went there with a gto with just headers that they installed on a GTO and then put it on the dyno and said he maid 415rwhp he was quite disappointed when going to a proven honest dyno and only making 365rwhp(both were dynojets). but chad at GLM is very good and has good customer service i would recommend him
Old 07-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Teching In

My buddy had his GTO dyno tuned at a place called Auto Spec. They seemed to do a good job for around 400 bucks. Anyone else know anything about them?
Old 07-17-2009, 04:26 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Exotic Performance Plus is worth the drive (Ft. Wayne area). They are also a site sponsor.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vaughn96
My buddy had his GTO dyno tuned at a place called Auto Spec. They seemed to do a good job for around 400 bucks. Anyone else know anything about them?
they dont tune there but a guy by the name of shizon on the indy goat herd forum often uses there facility when he tunes. And Chad at GLM is by far the best tuner in the midwest but he is very hard to get ahold of.

Quick Reply: Central Indiana Tuning