Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Very Upset

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 11:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tint your windows so they can't see who is inside.
Old 08-13-2009, 09:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Paint_It_Black
Tint your windows so they can't see who is inside.
Oh, that is smart, just one MORE reason to pull a car over in IL . . .

Front door window tinting is illegal . . . (unfair I agree but alas . . . )
Old 08-13-2009, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 212 Likes on 174 Posts

Originally Posted by 9sec93
thats not really harrassment if you had a dumped y-pipe and got pulled over for having a loud car. although it does **** me off when cops pull people over for having loud cars but its ok for harleys to be insanely loud. there is a bar really close to my house and on some nights i hear them leave in the middle of the night, waking up my kid. i can hear some of them atleast 1/4 mile away. but thats ok.

Bikes claim that it is a safety issue since they are so small they need to be loud to be seen/heard buy other drivers. Personally i think my car needs to be loud as well since its sits low and people dont pay a damned bit attention when they change lanes anyways. Whats really shitty is my wife bought a 92 honda prelude a few years ago and when we bought it it had a fart cannon muffler on it (ungodly loud). She bought it saturday afternoon and that night we were driving it home and she got pulled over for loud exhaust and ticketed. Stupid part is she was driving between my brother in laws 86 corvette with long tubes 3" straight duals and my buddys 00 z28 with dumped LT's. The cop saw a young girl in a loud red import and went jackpot.

I come from a long line of law enforcement men in my family and i have one thing to say. I have 0 respect for traffic cops, real police officers are a credit to society and are definately needed. Revenue collectors can burn in hell.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL POSTER, I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR BEING TEATED THAT WAY! in minnesota when highway patrol cars turn on their lights its recorded so ask the sergant or captain to review the tape. you may want to talk with a private investigater about getting a camera and recorder set up in your car if its that bad then show it to the media plus your state attourney general. just my 2 cents
Old 08-16-2009, 03:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Xsta Z 28
Oh, that is smart, just one MORE reason to pull a car over in IL . . .

Front door window tinting is illegal . . . (unfair I agree but alas . . . )
https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwester...l#post11828090

August 25th it's legal.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DANOZ28
ORIGINAL POSTER, I'M VERY SORRY TO HEAR YOUR BEING TEATED THAT WAY!
That's a comical misspelling if I ever read one.

Yeah man it sucks but I'm working through it, and hopefully I'll be able to get a closer job, or move out of the state altogether(I'm tired of Illinois)

I don't know about that tint law though. Reading it gave me a headache, and having a red car with it is almost as bad as having a white car. AUTO-Cop Magnet.

Quick Reply: Very Upset