Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Very Upset

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 11:03 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Very Upset

This is something I Need To Say

I commute 250 miles per-day to and from work on I-80 (a very large highway) and on occasion i drive my WS-6. I am not embellishing the details the slightest bit, but this is getting infuriating.

Every time I drive my Trans-Am, EVERY SINGLE TIME, I Am harassed by LEO Of The State and also Local PD of towns I drive through just to get gas. I'm just getting sick of it. They stalk my car for 2-3 miles and at night they run up on my bumper with their lights off and then flash their high beams while directly behind me. When I'm pulled over (For Doing Nothing Wrong) they ask irrelevant, personal, and sometimes offensive questions and they become aggressive when I don't answer them like an "ignorant suspect".

I've even been ticketing for violations I clearly did not commit, and when taking the issue to court the officer did not show, even after I drove 2.5hrs to make the date. I was given a ticket yesterday for following an officer to closely, even though the officer I was "following" was BEHIND me for 3 miles of highway. I'll get off to get gas in a side-town and they treat me like some P.O.S intruder. It's like it's the 1920's every time I get in my Goddamn Car. I've never been the kind of person to say race/ethnicity is an issue, but man I've seen Mustang's, Porsches, Vipers, etc do 80+ past these cops and they don't do a things. But they stalk me for doing 60? I'm not one to rant, but this is really getting on my nerves. Why can't I drive my car in peace? The goddamn thing is still stock for christ sake, I keep to myself, but they persist in there ways.

Man,I Wish I Could Be White For One Week. Just Ooonneee week....So I Could See What It's Like To Not Be Looked At Like A ******* Criminal for Driving a Nice Car(Oh He Must Have Stolen That) or Wearing Nice Clothes(Oh He Sells Drugs).....I'm Just Like.....Man I'm Just Mad Right Now.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you going East or West on I80,

I live in Ottawa and Work in Utica and I hop on I39 to go to school. Now If you are going west bound I am going to agree with you and by your post your not white. But when ever I see a state cop with someone in my area they are almost never white. Its some bull if you ask me. Everything I see one I glance over and yep. The only time I have ever seen a white person pulled over is when they are running speed traps Between Ottawa and utica exits.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:00 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You drive 250miles A DAY? How do you afford the gas?!

Sounds like you need to either a) relocate or b) find a new job.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

That sucks. Have you reported them? Is it a couple officers in particular or the whole darn station(s)?
Old 08-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by tim99ws6

not everyone has the luxury of either of those choices, especially with the way the jobs market is right now. i did a similar drive for a little over a year - i was finally able to afford to relocate. i put over 50,000 miles on my camaro that year.

i drove state roads and country roads for about 75% of the distance. the cops i'd see on my drive were "good ol' boys". i even had one bald-headed cop stand in my way to pay a cashier at a gas station. i damn near knocked over a sunglasses display trying to get around him. while i think small town cops in the rural areas have a problem with race, i think they also have a problem with 'outsiders'. it sucks you are having to deal with that crap. i hope your long commute pays off for you.

Last edited by checkbit; 08-07-2009 at 01:27 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Where on 80 are you driving ... ? I mean near what exits? I drive 80 a shitload and never once do I get stopped by the cops in my WS6.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Buy a camera and mount it to the car like the cops have and vidoe tape everything.Sorry to hear your being harrased.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:32 PM
TECH Regular

simililar story with my friend with a highly modded s2k...he ended up mounting a camera in the car and everytime his radar detector went off he hit it and took the tapes to court and if they do it more then once a week or day then take it to the hill past the cheif or what ever with proof then your bullit proof
Old 08-07-2009, 05:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Man that really sux sorry to hear that.. I dunno what i would do in your case. I guess to not 'profile' you, i would my DD....

Again sorry to hear that...
Old 08-07-2009, 06:05 PM
8 Second Club

sounds like YOU have the wrong paint job. just kidding with ya, i have a friend who says he gets pulled over for having the wrong paint job LOL. i would definitely keep a vid camera on hand or something to prove your innocense. iam white but i know how you feel as a couple of years ago i was getting harrassed quite a bit by my locals. cop told me i was going to jail for wreckless driving. i told him you cant tqake me to jail for something i didnt do, he said i have been doing this for over 10 years, i can do whatever i want. anyway i would document everything that happens to you so it would be easier to prove that they are harrassing you. good luck man, keep your head up.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

get that michael jackson surgery...
Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

i feel your pain. i get stopped for completely useless crap... i drive 5 under the speed limit in the right hand lane, use all my signals and whatnot...don't go through yellows etc etc..

every time i drive through lombard i get followed...by MULTIPLE cops...i swear those ******* hate anyone that looks middle eastern..
Old 08-07-2009, 08:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
Buy a camera and mount it to the car like the cops have and vidoe tape everything.Sorry to hear your being harrased.
I agree 1000 % with this statement. BUT You need to tell them everything they do or say is being recorded or it won't hold up in court. My dad has had to contact his lawyer a few times about "issues" with local cops and harassment Final Resolution was to record everything and last I heard he doesn't seem to get bothered as much.
Old 08-07-2009, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

BTW... Are you Mr. Chi City on youtube?? that guy cracks me the fvck up.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:10 AM
On The Tree

Haha I can relate to this! I had a women cop pull me over and said my car was too loud! At the time all I was running was cats and a dumped ypipe... And it wasn't loud loud... But it was 3am and just took the fine, but when the judge told me to put a muffler in my car I said " ok I'm going to but 2 on just incase"... So I did LT's, 3in xpipe, 2 dynomax bullet MUFFLERS dumped! They wanted mufflers they gotm!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 02:27 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99_pewterZ_A4
Haha I can relate to this! I had a women cop pull me over and said my car was too loud! At the time all I was running was cats and a dumped ypipe... And it wasn't loud loud... But it was 3am and just took the fine, but when the judge told me to put a muffler in my car I said " ok I'm going to but 2 on just incase"... So I did LT's, 3in xpipe, 2 dynomax bullet MUFFLERS dumped! They wanted mufflers they gotm!!!
thats not really harrassment if you had a dumped y-pipe and got pulled over for having a loud car. although it does **** me off when cops pull people over for having loud cars but its ok for harleys to be insanely loud. there is a bar really close to my house and on some nights i hear them leave in the middle of the night, waking up my kid. i can hear some of them atleast 1/4 mile away. but thats ok.
Old 08-08-2009, 03:25 AM
On The Tree

Just saying I can relate to it cuz cops harrass throaty cars, when like u said harleys are insane sometimes! Lol watta about an open headered bike with a v8!!!!
Old 08-08-2009, 04:55 PM
TECH Regular

I live on the edge of suburbia down here and one town I have to drive through to get to the highway is HORRIBLE for this kind of crap. If you're a minority you're getting pulled over. If you have a hot rod or muscle car, they will stare you down and most of the time follow you. This town has 380 people and 8 cop cars. Guess how many tickets they wrote last year? 30,800! That's almost 100 tickets per resident!

Dude, I feel for you, it's not right for them to think you are some gangsta when you are an upstanding car enthusiast. Maybe throw some legal tint on the sides so they will have a harder time seeing you. Or get one of those Bill Clinton halloween masks, instant white guy! I'd pay to see the cop's reaction with that one.
Old 08-08-2009, 05:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by cgroh89
Are you going East or West on I80,

I live in Ottawa and Work in Utica and I hop on I39 to go to school. .
West (From I-57). I pass by 1-39 and there is aallllways a cop under that bridge with someone pulled over. It's a speed trap, so I slow down right there anyway

Originally Posted by tim99ws6

The job pays well. But as you know, the job market isn't the greatest right now. Especially in the city(For Welders At Least)

Originally Posted by SparkyJJO
That sucks. Have you reported them? Is it a couple officers in particular or the whole darn station(s)?
I don't know how many cops there are per station, I've been stopped 8 times in July, and I haven't heard the "Haven't I Stopped You Before?" Line yet.

Originally Posted by NHRAFORMULA00
Buy a camera and mount it to the car like the cops have and video tape everything.Sorry to hear your being harassed.
I do need to buy a camera. I always wish I had one when I get pulled over, plus, commuting 250 miles a day, I see some weird/funny stuff that I wish I cold shoot. I also get tired of seeing people with their feet in the dashboard/window. That sh*t is sickening.
Old 08-09-2009, 03:13 PM
Launching!

lol, gimme a break with the whole racial profiling, i think that is so garbage...maybe call up rev.jesse jackson or the rainbow peace coalition...how about everytime a white person gets pulled over we say the same thing, that is whats wrong with the world everytime someone gets pulled over its "race" related, bull sh## in my opinion

Quick Reply: Very Upset