Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Anyone Ever use Auto Machine in St. Charles

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 05:05 PM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Default Anyone Ever use Auto Machine in St. Charles

Anyone ever use them for work? My block and crank are there now getting measured since I had some unusual wear on my piston skirts. Block probibly needs machining and new pistons so i'd need a hone and balancing I just don't want to get f**ked by a shop that's never touched an LS1
Old 12-25-2009, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yak
Anyone ever use them for work? My block and crank are there now getting measured since I had some unusual wear on my piston skirts. Block probibly needs machining and new pistons so i'd need a hone and balancing I just don't want to get f**ked by a shop that's never touched an LS1

not trying to be a dick, but I would have never dropped an engine off with a shop that hasn't done any before. Not bashing them by any means, but there are plenty of experienced lsx engine builders out there.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

We have not heard of them either and the same question comes to mind as well.

why take it somewhere that you don't know anything about or deals with Lsx motors?

you know I could have helped or pointed you in the direction needed
Old 12-26-2009, 11:56 AM
yak
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I haven't had them do any real 'work' yet. I tore my motor down and it looked like the pistons were too tight in the bore since there was a ton of scuffing on the thrust side of the skirts, I only dropped it off to have them measure everything so I could get an idea of what was going on. I would NEVER give anyone the green light to start machinework on my stuff without seeing how much they had done prior. The only reason I did it is because they are 5 minutes from my house and it's pretty hard to mess up measuring.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:10 AM
Launching!

I know someone that had their BBC afr heads repaired there after a piston shattered. The repair was FLAWLESS. You really couldnt tell where the repairs were made. HoweverI dunno about LS1 work...they seemed like an "old school" shop when I went there.

Quick Reply: Anyone Ever use Auto Machine in St. Charles