Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

exhaust laws!! wtf illinois!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 09:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LiquidFire350
i may be wrong on this, but i have heard that you can get a harley from the factory without baffles and that makes it legal because its not modified.... or something along those lines
Lots of Harley guys will tell you that.. Its a dealer installed option. Not from the "factory"
Old 02-23-2010, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just depends on what area you are in and what cop . I have never had any cops complain or pull me over for my Camaro..(402 with F1C blower, dumped 4" straight through muffler dumped before the axle). A few years ago I was driving a cheap beater Saab that needed a new muffler and I got pulled over twice for the exhaust being too loud.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

screw that law... ive got single chambers 6in from the collector dumped and never been pulled over for it.. and i drive thru evergreen and orland all the time
Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've only received one ticket for "disturbing the peace (loud exhaust)." I proceeded to be furious and tried debating it with him. cop was a total douche and wouldn't give a legit reply to my questions except "it's loud, so it's illegal cause it's not factory" crap. So after I left the spot I was pulled over in I gave it a good 2k to 3500 punch I went ahead and paid the ticket and decided it wasn't worth fighting for after talking to a local exhaust shop owner.

This was 2 years ago. Learned my lesson and next time I'll slap a GMMG badge on my car and say Trans Ams & Camaros were sold with this exhaust brand new at dealerships, or like someone else mentioned, tell them to give me a brand new 4th gen Trans Am with factory everything and compare decibel tests or else they will have trouble making their evidence 100% valid.
Old 04-10-2011, 04:13 AM

i got pulled over tonight by a smug son of a bitch cop for my exhaust being "loud" um ok first off he was 2 lanes over and didnt decide to run my plates until i turned....when i got in that lane he litterally whipped over to run my plaates....told me what he was pulling me over for asked me if i had been drinking i said no....STILL DID A FIELD SOBRIETY!!! UMMMM OK YOU HAVE TO HAVE REASONABLE SUSPICION TO GET SOMEONE WITH A DUI...which u clearly didnt have....then because i blinked my eye once said he was gonna give me a DUI...um no hunny you cant base it off that.....instead he just ticketed me for my muffler and ive decided since they harass me every chance they get, Im going to plead not guilty on the ticket and ask for trial by jury, its my 6th amendment right, trial by jury and right to face my acuser....you wanna continue to mess with me ok......this time im fighting back...im so sick of cops thinking because they have a squad car, gun and badge they can do whatever, this is why i decided to major in criminal justice and I love it every day hahah
Old 04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Old *** thread lol.

But ya, Orland PD are always ******* bored. They don't have **** to do. Orland Hills is pretty bad too.

Quick Reply: exhaust laws!! wtf illinois!!!