Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

Stolen GTO in Chicago!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 09:33 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if i'm wrong but if this was a repo situation wouldn't the tow driver have to check the VIN # against the paper work to make sure they were taking the right GTO? driver never got out to check anything. backed up, lifted the car and gone.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:21 PM
On The Tree

He would have had to report it to the local PD station he was repoing it. Failure to do so can result in a lot of hot water for the repo guy.
Old 03-10-2010, 12:15 AM
wrencher

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMitc31100
correct me if i'm wrong but if this was a repo situation wouldn't the tow driver have to check the VIN # against the paper work to make sure they were taking the right GTO? driver never got out to check anything. backed up, lifted the car and gone.
I always have the plate # when I go looking for cars. If I have the VIN I got the plate. still double check it when I secured it though.

Originally Posted by robsls1
He would have had to report it to the local PD station he was repoing it. Failure to do so can result in a lot of hot water for the repo guy.
There is no law to report them, it is a courtesy to report them.
Cops will say there is a law but nope, I think there is only a few cities with local ordances.
Some finance companies require it be reported in their repossesion oders though.
I almost always report them, it is just smart. Most of the time if the cops do show they still have no friggen idea it's a repo

Chicago on the other hand dont give a crap. They usually dont want to hear about it till you have it.
All the want is you to pay the special $1300 licence fee to pull cars in 'their' city each year.
Old 03-26-2010, 03:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update?
Old 03-26-2010, 04:01 AM
11 Second Club

quick99si(quote)Now you wanna explain to me how how a driveshaft in my car doesn't power all four wheels?[/QUOTE]

sure ill explain it simply for you unless you have awd or 4wd two of your wheels have nothing connecting them to the other wheels.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by millersta
quick99si(quote)Now you wanna explain to me how how a driveshaft in my car doesn't power all four wheels?
sure ill explain it simply for you unless you have awd or 4wd two of your wheels have nothing connecting them to the other wheels.[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha what an idiot!

Quick Reply: Stolen GTO in Chicago!